A few years ago, Starbucks released the Berry Sangria Iced Tea as a delicious drink to enjoy on a hot summer day. Inspired by fruit flavors that are ripe and juicy during the summer months, this herbal iced tea is mixed with a berry orange syrup, apple juice, and fresh berries. Now you can make your own version of Starbucks’ Berry Sangria Iced Tea from home. With the recipe below, we’ll share how to steep 32 ounces of tea and how to prepare the orange berry syrup, both of which you can use for about 4 drinks. Then the last set of instructions show you how to make one single drink. Simply repeat the final process for each drink you want to mix.
We recommend using Tazo Tea because it’s very easy to find at grocery stores. We share with you how to steep the Passion Iced Tea pretty quickly, but if you have time, you combine tea bags and water in a pitcher and allow them to steep in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight. Once you mix the drink, you can even pour a bit of sparkling water for a bubbly version. This is the perfect refreshment to enjoy on a summer day with your family or friends.
Starbucks Berry Sangria Iced Tea Recipe
For the Passion Iced Tea
- 4 bags of Passion Herbal Tea
- 32 oz cold water
For the Berry Orange Syrup
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
For One Berry Sangria Iced Tea
- 1/2 cup passion iced tea
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 oz berry orange syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Blackberries and small orange slices for garnish
For the Passion Iced Tea
- First, pour boiling water over the tea bags and allow them to steep for five minutes. Remove the tea bags and allow the tea to cool. (This part will make 4 cups of tea. To make more or less just use 8 ounces of water per teabag.)
For Berry Orange Syrup
- Combine the orange juice, blackberries, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir often to make sure the sugar fully dissolves. Once it's dissolved, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain it to remove the berries.
For Making the Berry Sangria iced Tea
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1/2 cup of Passion iced tea, 1/2 cup of apple juice, 1 ounce of blackberry syrup, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a few blackberries, and orange slices. Shake to combine, then pour everything (including the ice) into a glass and enjoy!
- If you have time, you can combine the tea bags and water in a jug and steep them in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.