Chuy’s is a popular Tex-Mex restaurant that serves delicious meals in a super fun environment. One of the most well-known options is their creamy jalapeño dressing that you can dip your chips in or pour all over your entree. If you don’t live near a Chuy’s restaurant, don’t fret. With our Copycat Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dressing recipe, you can whip up a batch from your own kitchen. It’s hard to put down, so we’ll show you how to make enough for 8 servings- even if you decide to keep it all for yourself!
You’ll begin by creating a mayo mixture using mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, and a small package of ranch dip. Then you’ll blend cilantro and pickled peppers with just a bit of juice until it creates a nice puree. Then you’ll combine the two and add buttermilk until you reach the desired consistency. Chuy’s sauce is fairly runny, and I like mine to be the same. You can also add tomatillos and fresh lime juice for more flavor. Keep your Copycat Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dressing in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 to 5 days.
Copycat Chuy's Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet 1 oz Dry Ranch Dip
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3/4 cup pickled Jalapenos (plus juice from the jar)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tomatillos (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dip packet, and garlic salt.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the cilantro and pickled jalapenos with a little juice. (If using tomatillos, blend in with jalapenos and cilantro).
- Add the cilantro jalapeno puree to the mayo mixture. Stir in the buttermilk until you reach the desired consistency. Add fresh lime juice, if using.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- If you prefer less mayonnaise, you could use 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Add more jalapeños if you want a spicier sauce.
- Add more buttermilk for a thinner sauce.
Are you looking for more Tex-Mex options? Check out our post on the Top 10 best Mexican Food Joints to satisfy your cravings.