Longhorn Steakhouse is a western-themed chain restaurant known for its fun, welcoming atmosphere and large entree portions. Besides steaks, Longhorn serves plenty of chicken and seafood dishes as well. One of their more popular dishes is the Parmesan Crusted Chicken. If you like it as much as we do, we’ll show you how to make it from your own kitchen in this Copycat Longhorn Parmesan-Crusted Chicken/Steak Recipe.
The recipe we share below is specifically for chicken. But you can use the same recipe for a parmesan-crusted steak. For the chicken, pound it out to 3/4 inch thick, and place it in the marinade. Below, we share how to make your very own marinade from scratch, but if you’re in a time crunch or you don’t have all of the ingredients, you can substitute it with 1 1/4 cups of Italian dressing. This will also cut down on preparation time. Be sure to let the chicken (or steak) rest in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. You can also leave them in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
For the parmesan crust, set your oven to broil, and coat the chicken or steak with the Panko bread crumb and cheese mix. While this recipe has a few steps, it’s relatively easy, and you’ll be feasting in no time.
Copycat Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken/Steak Recipe
For the Chicken
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts pounded to ¾ inch thick
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
For the Parmesan Crust
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped into bits
- 3/4 cup Provolone cheese, chopped into bits
- 6 tbsp Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Pank bread crumbs
- First, whisk all of the marinade ingredients together until well-combined and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a new freezer bag along with the marinade. Seal out the air and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to a low broil or 450 degrees F. Combine all of the Parmesan crust topping ingredients except for the Panko, and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir to combine, and mix in the Panko breadcrumbs; then microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Spread on top of the chicken.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and begins to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add a slice of lemon before serving if desired.
- If you want to take a nice shortcut, Italian Salad Dressing makes a fantastic marinade for this chicken for a simpler version. Ise about 1 + 1/4 cup.