If you live in Iowa, I don’t have to tell you that Casey’s Breakfast Pizza is a staple weekend breakfast. If you don’t live in Iowa, Casey’s is the locals’ favorite pizza joint, and the Breakfast Pizza is almost iconic. When you think of a good breakfast, you think of eggs, sausage, bacon, and maybe some biscuits and gravy. That’s just a few of the ingredients in this yummy pizza, but don’t worry, we’ll show you how to make your own in this Copycat Casey’s Breakfast Pizza recipe.
For simplicity, begin with two pizza crusts- one that will feature bacon and the other that will feature sausage. You’ll want to cook the bacon and chop it up into pieces, and you’ll want to brown the breakfast sausage before beginning. While you do this, preheat the oven to 450°. Note that this recipe calls for nacho cheese sauce, but if you prefer to use Velveeta or another cheese sauce, feel free. Coat the crusts with a bit of olive oil, and then layer on the ingredients as specified in the recipe below. The pizzas only need to cook for a few minutes, so you’ll be chowing down on this savory, filling Copycat Casey’s Breakfast Pizza in no time.
When they’re finished cooking, simply slice and serve hot.
Copycat Casey's Breakfast Pizza
- 2 individual pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup sausage gravy
- 4 large scrambled eggs
- 1/3 lb browned pork sausage
- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush each pizza crust with olive oil. On one crust, cover with sausage gravy and top with the bacon, and half of the eggs, mozzarella, and cheddar.
- On the other crust, cover with cheese sauce, sausage, and the other half of the eggs, mozzarella, and cheddar.
- Bake the pizzas at 450° for 8 minutes. Then broil on low for 4 minutes until the top starts to brown.
- Slice and serve hot.
- Instead of the nacho cheese sauce, you can also use Velveeta cheese sauce or even alfredo sauce.
If you enjoyed this Copycat Casey’s Breakfast Pizza, check out some of these unusual breakfast menus.