It’s no secret that Chipotle is one of the best Mexican fast food restaurants in the country. Not only do they have mouth-watering food but the meat they serve are from animals that are naturally grown and their vegetables are grown on environmentally conscious farms. Reason enough to choose Chipotle, but once you discover and sample the Chipotle secret menu, well, you will be hooked on this restaurant!
Like many restaurants with secret menus, the trick is knowing what’s available. There are also different ways in which you can order certain items so the meal is maximized without increasing your bill. And since dining in restaurants all the time is not always feasible due to budget constraints, these food hacks will be quite important if you want to enjoy a great meal at a budget-friendly price.
Ordering most extra toppings at Chipotle is free, except for their guacamole. Simply ask and it will be provided. Some examples include grilled fajita veggies for meat-based meals or together with your rice and beans, soft tacos, tortilla, or salad dressing on the side for burrito bowls. You can ask for fresh cilantro, extra cheese, or more than one salsa.
Off Menu Items You Can Order
- Surprisingly, this is not on their menu. Most, if not all, Mexican restaurants offer quesadilla. But thankfully, you can enjoy this cheesy goodness in any Chipotle if you are craving it. Depending on the size, the cost will be about $3 to $5.
- This is a combination of a burrito and quesadilla. Once you open its foil package, you will be greeted by a crunchy wrap filled with warm and tasty ingredients inside. Perfect if you’re torn between a quesadilla and a burrito. Costs about $5 per order.
- Taco Salad. Only a few Chipotle restaurants serve this salad. If they do it in the restaurant near you, then you’re lucky, since a lot of people look for this item without success. The salad is served in a fried tortilla bowl and comes with the regular size salad options, so it will be excellent for lunch or dinner. The cost will be around $6 to $7.
- A quite popular secret menu, if you ask restaurant regulars. Nachos are available even though they are not advertised. You will be served a bowl of fresh tortilla chips with salsas, meats, vegetables, beans, and cheese. The price is around $6 to $7 dollars.
Other items on their secret menu include double-wrapped burrito, extra fillings, extra shells, quesarito, and single taco.
You may want to try maximizing your meal without the extra cost. To do this, you must know all the ingredients available at Chipotle:
- Meats, such as steak, carnitas, chicken, barbacoa, and soritas.
- Cilantro-lime brown rice, cilantro-lime white rice, black beans, pinto beans, and fajita veggies.
- Toppings like sour cream, fresh tomato salsa, tomatillo red chili, green chili, and roasted chili-corn salsa, Romaine lettuce, guacamole, and cheese.
Bigger is better: increase your serving size
Here’s an example of how you can increase the size of your burrito:
- Get a burrito bowl instead of the tortilla wrap, because you will get at least 15% more ingredients this way.
- Ask for a couple of tortillas on the side.
- Order both brown and white rice.
- Get black beans and pinto beans.
- Get half/half of your meats of choice.
- Get corn salsa and fajita veggies.
If you do as instructed, you will end up with two, almost full-sized burritos. Eat it all or share it with your friend.
At Chipotle, every employee is encouraged to provide what customers ask for. According to Chris Arnold, the company’s communications director, “If it’s something we can do, we’ll do it.” What that means is, if you want to order something that’s not available on their menu, order it anyway. Chances are, they’ll prepare it just for you! Visit our Chipotle Careers Guide if you’re interested in a career at Chipotle.