Panera Bread never disappoints with its fantastic soup, salad, and sandwich options. One of my favorite sandwiches is the Napa Almond Chicken Salad sandwiches, which features shredded chicken, small red grapes, toasted almonds, and a delicious mayo-based dressing. But it’s also simple to make from home, and it only takes a few minutes. In this Copycat Panera Napa Almond Chicken Salad recipe, we’ll show you how to make and assemble it in under 20 minutes. It’s also a resourceful way to serve your rotisserie chicken.
The dressing is a mixture of different spices and condiments, and you can add salt and pepper to taste. This recipe can be lightened by substituting light sour cream or nonfat plain Greek yogurt for a portion of the mayonnaise. Still, we wouldn’t recommend substituting all of the mayonnaise because it changes the taste too much. The recipe calls for red grapes, but of course, you can use green. And don’t forget to toast the almonds, which gives this Panera sandwich a toasty, nutty crunch that completes the flavors.
You can eat this chicken salad warm or cold. Be sure to store it in the fridge in an airtight container. It will keep for 3 to 4 days.
Copycat Panera Napa Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
For the Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 heaping cups of chopped, fully cooked chicken breast (Rotisserie chicken is best)
- 1/2 cup halved or quartered seedless red grapes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- finely-ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
For the Sandwiches
- 12 slices of sourdough sandwich bread
- 2 small sliced tomatoes
- green leaf lettuce
- First, preheat the oven to 350°. Place the almonds on a small baking sheet and transfer them to the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Add the chicken, grapes, and celery into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the top of the chicken mixture, and stir to incorporate the dressing throughout. Add the cooked almonds, and mix lightly to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the bread slices, and top it with tomato and green leaf lettuce.
- This recipe can be served warm or cold. You can also toast the bread, or add any of your favorite condiments to the bread slices.
If you’re thinking of preparing this Copycat Panera Napa Almond Chicken Salad recipe, try pairing it with Panera Bread’s Summer Corn Chowder.