Imagine finding a crisp five-dollar bill laying around the house. It won’t make a dent in your mortgage or even cover a fancy latte at Starbucks. But little did you know, it opens up a world of possibilities – in the fast food world, that is. We’re not talking a skimpy meal with a single cheeseburger and small fry; we’re talking an abundance of your favorite foods for just five dollars or less. Between dollar menus and a-la-carte items, this is the grand-daddy of all deals. Self-proclaimed as “all the cravings one person can handle,” we present to you Taco Bell’s 5 Buck Box.
If you can pull up to a Taco Bell and drive away with one item, we applaud your self-control but encourage you to reconsider. Spread the love – between tacos, burritos, and cinnamon twists alike. With Taco Bell’s 5 Buck Box, you choose between all the fan-favorites for a complete and totally delicious meal. Build your own box by combining these food items:
- Hard taco, soft taco, bean burrito, and beef burrito (pick 2)
- Chips and nacho cheese or regular fries
- Cinnamon twists or caramel apple empanada
- Dr. Pepper or Pepsi 20-ounce drink
Whether you order the same thing each time (props to your loyalty) or switch it up on occasion, you’ll never feel better about dropping five bucks. For light-eaters or snackers – don’t stuff your face for the sake of a good deal. Taco Bell has additional low-cost ￼food items ￼with prices starting at $1, as well as the following breakfast deals:
- Grande Scrambler (bacon or sausage) – $2.49
- A.M. Crunchwrap – $2.79
- Cinnabon Delights (2 pack) – $1.00
- Breakfast Combo: Grande Scrambler (bacon or sausage); medium drink or coffee; hash browns or Cinnabon Delights (2 pack) – $4.69
From a morning boost to a late-night snack, any of these deals will satisfy your appetite. However, if you’ve guzzled one too many Baha Blasts and are looking for additional meals for under $5, here are a few more top picks from some of the most popular fast food chains.
McDonald’s dollar menu is iconic, representing the most loyal fanbase of fast-foodies. While we love a dollar McChicken, we wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we didn’t give these $5 (and under) deals some McLove, too.
- 2 cheeseburgers, salad or fries, and drink – $4.89
- Premium McWrap Chicken and Ranch (grilled or crispy) – $4.39
- Chicken McNuggets, 20 pc. – $5
- Southwest Salad ($4.79) or a Bacon Ranch Salad ($4.59) with chicken (grilled or crispy)
- Combo of the $1+ single food items, such as Grilled Onion Cheddar Burger ($1.00); parfait ($1.00); and side salad ($1.59)
There is nothing quite like the classic taste of a freshly fried hash brown bright and early. Take a look at these super affordable breakfast options.
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit – $3.19
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McGriddle (meal), includes hash brown and small coffee – $4.49
- 3 Hotcakes with Sausage – $3.19
For something sweet to cleanse your palate, add a McCafe drink or sweet treat. There’s something for everyone: fruity smoothies, decadent frappes, hot and iced coffees, shakes, McFlurries, cookies, and pies — all for between $ 0.39 and $3.39.
Whether you want a burger that’s bigger than your face or a loaded breakfast burrito, Jack in the Box has the meal for you. Some of the single-order items or combo meals for $5 and under include:
- Classic Buttery Jack – $4.79
- Sourdough Jack – $4.69
- Ultimate Cheeseburger – $4.69
- Jumbo Jack Cheeseburger – $3.19
Jack in the Box also offers snack items for less than $2. Be sure to try 2 tacos for $1, as well as the $1 egg rolls. For breakfast or “brunchfast,” as they have coined it, try one of these:
- Meat Lover’s Burrito (combo), includes regular coffee and hash browns – $4.79
- Mini Pancakes, 8 count – $1.00
- Jumbo Platter – $3.49
The girl in pigtails certainly knows how to cater to budget-conscious diners, too. With its comprehensive value menu, Wendy’s is a goldmine for meals $5 and under.
We’ll take one of each of these, please:
- Cheeseburger Deluxe – $1.89
- Chicken Nuggets, 6 pc. – $1.79
- Bacon Cheeseburger – $1.99
- Double Stack – $2.09
- Caesar or Garden Side Salad – $1.49
- Chicken Go Wrap – $1.79
- Chili, Small – $2.09
- Bacon & Cheese Baked Potato or Broccoli & Cheese Baked Potato – $2.89
You will love the $0.99 items on the menu, too! These include the Jr. Cheeseburger; Crispy Chicken Sandwich; 4 chicken nuggets; natural cut fries; and a soft drink.
All this talk about food makes us hungry – and with these deals, there’s no excuse not to spend 5 bucks on your next fast food meal.
*all prices in USD