Coffee – regardless of the time of day – is a must, but what if you were able to snag your favorite handcrafted beverage for a fraction of the cost? Most people would flock to their nearest Starbucks for a good drink deal, but figuring out which days Starbucks hosts Happy Hour can feel as hard to crack as their secret menu (spoiler alert – most of them are on Thursday). We’re here to share the best drink deals on your favorite frappuccino, hot coffee, or cold brew, no matter where you live. From seasonal deals to year-long specials, Starbucks Happy Hour offers change frequently and can be location-specific.
As of now, Starbucks Happy Hour is taking place on select Thursdays from 2-7 p.m. Monitor this page for updates.
Starbucks Happy Hour Times 2020
We’d love to share the exact dates and times to get your discounted drink, but Starbucks doesn’t make it that easy – even for us. What we can tell you is this: happy hour drink promos almost always sneak up at the end of a long week, namely on Thursday (as are the current deals). They typically have promotions going on in December for the Christmas holiday, as well as for other holiday seasons, like Valentine’s Day and Thanksgiving.
Be sure to download the Starbucks app for iOS or Android, create an account with your email, and watch for notifications, so you never miss the opportunity for half-priced hot coffee and drinks (or something stronger, we don’t judge). And while there’s no secret formula to calculate when the next event will be, most local happy hours start Thursday afternoon at 2 p.m. and go all the way until they close. For instance, Starbucks shared in July 2020 that they would host the events Thursdays from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and give away BOGO handcrafted drinks (grande, venti, trenta).
Keep in mind, these events do not necessarily happen consistently, either. They can come around biweekly on Thursday, or even less than that, but they seem to show up more around the warmer months in the summer. Starbucks knows what a handcrafted iced coffee can do for the soul.
If your local Starbucks does not offer deals on Thursday, all hope is not lost. Just continue to watch your app for new hot and iced coffee offers throughout the week. Most of the time, you won’t even need a promo code, just an invitation.
Happy Hour Offers at Starbucks
If you’ve been a fan of Starbucks drinks for a while, you were probably around for the lines that wrapped around the store (twice) filled with people not-so-patiently waiting on the half-off frappuccino offer. Happy hours at Starbucks have been around since 2010 – a time when everyone and their mother knew when an offer was taking place – but now it’s a bit different. These deals aren’t broadcasted to the world anymore, they are found exclusively on the Starbucks app – by invite only. To redeem your offers as they come, simply download the app on iOS or Android and join the Starbucks Rewards Loyalty Progam. Then, navigate to your inbox in the top left corner. You’ll see a tab labeled “Active Offers,” where your exclusive drinks promotions will be housed. All you need to do from there is flash that offer to your barista when you order your coffee (no promo code needed).
So while we can’t predict which Starbucks drink deal will pop up in your inbox today, we can share some of the common BOGO and drinks offers that seem to repeat themselves.
- Buy One Get One Free Frappuccino Offer (Grande or Venti), including Caramel, Caffe Vanilla, Caramel Ribbon Crunch, Caramel Ribbon Crunch Creme, Chai Creme, Chocolate Cookie Crumble, Coffee, Double Chocolaty Chip, Espresso, Java Chip, Matcha, Mocha Cookie Crumble, Mocha, S’mores, Strawberry, Vanilla Bean, White Chocolate Mocha
- Buy One Get One Free Handcrafted Espresso Drink Offer (Grande or Venti), including the hot and iced versions of the Caffe Latte, Caffe Americano, Caffe Mocha, Cappuccino, Caramel Cloud Macchiato, Carmel Macchiato, Cinnamon Dulce Latte, Cocoa Cloud Macchiato, Flat White, Espresso shot, Espresso con Panna, Cinnamon Dulce Latte, Skinny Mocha, Blonde Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte, White Chocolate Mocha, Vanilla Latte
- 50% Handcrafted Espresso Drinks Offer (same options as listed above with BOGO deal, Grande or Venti)
- $3 Handcrafted Espresso Drink Offer (same options as listed with BOGO deal, Grande)
- Discounted Iced Teas Offer (Tall, Grande, Venti), including Blueberry Black Tea, Blueberry Lemonade, Guava White Tea, Guava White Tea Lemonade, Matcha Latte, Peach Green Tea, Teavana Shaken Iced Black, Shaken Iced Black Tea Lemonade, Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango, Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Lemonade, Teavana Shaken Iced White, Teavana Shaken Iced White Tea Lemonade, Iced Teavana London Fog Latte
You’ll be glad to know that most offers allow you to order both hot and iced beverages. These Starbucks BOGO and discount deals typically do not include the premade or bottled coffee drinks that you can find near the cash register. Most Starbucks offers do not include hot or cold food items.
Happy Hour Deals Today
Curious about which drink deals apply at your local Starbucks Coffee today? Since promotions are only offered at participating locations, it’s a good idea to watch out for common ones, as well as call ahead and ask before you show up on a Thursday and order that fancy frap or hot coffee and realize you have to pay full price.
To learn about working at Starbucks, visit our Starbucks career page.