Coffee – regardless of the time of day – is a must, but what if you were able to snag your favorite drink for a fraction of the cost? Most people would flock to their nearest Starbucks for a good deal, but figuring out which days Starbucks hosts Happy Hour can feel as hard to crack as their secret menu. We’re here to help you find the best deals on your favorite frappuccino, no matter where you live. From seasonal deals to year-long specials, Starbucks Happy Hour offers change frequently and can be location-specific.
Starbucks Happy Hour Times
So, when is happy hour? We’d love to map out the exact dates and times to get your discounted drink, but Starbucks doesn’t make it that easy – even for us. What we can tell you is this: Happy Hour almost always sneaks up at the end of a long week. Be sure to check your app, as well as allow for notifications, so you never miss the opportunity for a half-priced frap (or something stronger, we don’t judge). And while there’s no secret formula to calculate when the next event will be, most happy hours start in the afternoon at 3 p.m. and go all the way until they close.
Keep in mind, these events do not necessarily happen consistently, either. They come around biweekly, or even less than that, but they seem to show up more around the warmer months in the summer. Starbucks knows what a good iced coffee can do for the soul.
Starbucks Happy Hour Offers
If you’ve been a fan of Starbucks for a while, you were probably around for the lines that wrapped around the store (twice) filled with people not-so-patiently waiting for a half-off frappuccino. Starbucks Happy Hours have been around since 2010 – a time when everyone and their mother knew when a deal was taking place – but now it’s a bit different. Happy hour deals aren’t broadcasted to the world anymore, they are found exclusively on the Starbucks app – by invite only. To redeem your offers as they come, simply download the app on iOS or Android and join the Starbucks Rewards Loyalty Progam. Then, navigate to your inbox in the top left corner. You’ll see a tab labeled “Active Offers,” where your exclusive happy hour deals will be housed. All you need to do from there is flash that offer to your barista when you order.
So while we can’t predict which Starbucks Happy Hour deal will pop up in your inbox today, we can share some of the common offers that seem to repeat themselves:
- Buy One Get One Free Frappuccino (Grande or Venti), including Caramel, Caffe Vanilla, Caramel Ribbon Crunch, Caramel Ribbon Crunch Creme, Chai Creme, Chocolate Cookie Crumble, Coffee, Double Chocolaty Chip, Espresso, Java Chip, Matcha Green Tea, Mocha Cookie Crumble, Mocha, S’mores, Strawberry, Vanilla Bean, White Chocolate Mocha
- Buy One Get One Free Espresso Drink (Grande or Venti), including the hot and iced versions of the Caffe Latte, Caffe Americano, Caffe Mocha, Cappuccino, Caramel Cloud Macchiato, Carmel Macchiato, Cinnamon Dulce Latte, Cocoa Cloud Macchiato, Flat White, Espresso shot, Espresso con Panna, Cinnamon Dulce Latte, Skinny Mocha, Blonde Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte, White Chocolate Mocha, Vanilla Latte
- 50% Espresso Drinks (same options as listed above with BOGO deal)
- $3 Espresso Drink (same options as listed with BOGO deal)
- Discounted Iced Teas, including Blueberry Black Tea, Blueberry Black Tea Lemonade, Guava White Tea, Guava White Tea Lemonade, Matcha Green Tea Latte, Peach Green Tea, Teavana Shaken Iced Black Tea, Teavana Shaken Iced Black Tea Lemonade, Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango, Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Lemonade, Teavana Shaken Iced White Tea, Teavana Shaken Iced White Tea Lemonade, Iced Teavana London Fog Tea Latte
Note: These Starbucks happy hour deals typically do not include the premade or bottled drinks that you can find near the cash register.
Happy Hour Deals Today
Curious about which happy hour deals apply at your local Starbucks today? Since promotions are only offered at participating locations, it’s a good idea to call ahead and ask before you order that fancy frap and realize you have to pay full price.
To learn about working at Starbucks, visit our Starbucks career page.