Chips and salsa is a staple snack in our family. We love snacking on them at Tex-Mex restaurants, and we often have it as a pre-dinner snack at home. Chili’s has a fantastic salsa that’s chunky and spicy but not so hot that the kids can’t enjoy it. I’m a big fan of the chips too, and in fact, I’ve been known to eat a few helpings of Chili’s chips and salsa with a margarita and forget a meal altogether. These days, I prefer to cook at home, so I’m happy to share this Chili’s Copycat Salsa Recipe with you.
It can be prepared in less than 10 minutes, and it can be eaten in less time than that! All you have to do is gather the ingredients and chop the onions, cilantro, and garlic. You’ll then add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds- that’s it. Make sure you pulse the salsa though, don’t puree it, or it will come out with a consistency more like tomato sauce.
While the kids like a more mild sauce, I prefer mine to be very spicy. After pulsing the salsa, I pour half of it into a container, and I add more peppers to the other half. I like to add fresh jalapeños and a habanero. Then I pulse it and snack on this salsa myself. Be sure to chill the salsa for a couple of hours before serving. Save this Chili’s Copycat Salsa Recipe for parties and gatherings, and enjoy.
Chili's Copycat Salsa Recipe
- 1 can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, (14.5-oz)
- 1 can whole tomatoes plus juice (14.5-oz)
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeños
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place jalapenos and onions in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Then add both cans of tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, salt, cumin, sugar, and lime juice and process until well blended. Do NOT puree.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
- If you like your salsa with more spice, you can add more jalapeños or different types of peppers to this recipe.
If you really enjoy Chili’s sauces, check out our Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce recipe.