Chick-Fil-A may be known for its famous Chicken Sandwiches, but the restaurant also serves some impressive salad options that don’t get all the attention they deserve. Consistently packed with fresh ingredients, sweet and savory flavors, and large portions, the salads can be eaten as an entire meal, and leave you feeling full for several hours. One of my favorite salads at Chick-Fil-A is the Market Salad, with its unique combination of fruits and berries, vegetables, toppings, grilled chicken, and zesty apple cider vinegar dressing. Chick-Fil-A makes their salads fresh daily, several times a day, but if you’d rather skip the trip to the drive-through, and save some cash, we have a delicious copycat Market Salad to share with you.
This salad can be served with grilled chicken strips, a grilled chicken filet, crispy nuggets, or even a spicy grilled chicken filet, which are some of the options Chick Fil A offers. For this recipe, we will show you how to create this salad with grilled chicken, cut into strips. You can omit the chicken for a vegetarian salad option. You can even prepare this as a vegan salad by also omitting the cheese.
This is a healthy salad with 311 calories, and the homemade dressing is healthy as well (more so than the dressing served in packages at the restaurant). It only takes a few minutes to prepare this salad and dressing, so it’s the perfect afternoon or early evening meal- even when you’re in a time-crunch.
Chick Fil A Market Salad Recipe
For the Dressing
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the Salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 16 cups spring mix salad chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cut in half
- 1 granny smith apple chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup roasted walnuts
- 1 cup granola
For the Dressing
- Simply add all of the ingredients to a closed container and shake well until combined. Place in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
For the Salad
- First, heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breast on a plate, and add olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne, and paprika to the chicken.
- Next, cook the chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side, until the breasts are cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken cools, you can begin to prepare the salad. In 4 separate bowls, layer the lettuce, cabbage, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, apple, blue cheese, roasted walnuts, and granola.
- Slice the chicken into thin pieces or strips and place on top of each salad bowl.
- Drizzle the Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing over the salad. Serve and enjoy.
- This salad can easily be made as a vegetarian salad by omitting the chicken.
- You can make this salad ahead of time by cooking the chicken, chopping the fruits, and veggies, and mixing the dressing. Place all of the ingredients in air-tight containers in the fridge, and simply layer them in serving bowls when you're ready.
Chick-Fil-A offers three delicious premium salads on the menu: the Market Salad, the Cobb Salad, and the Spicy Southwest Salad. Which one is your favorite?