Chick-fil-A chicken is the envy of all chicken recipes. It’s the perfect combination of juicy meat and flavorful batter, cooked to crispy perfection. Though other fast-food chains have tried to compete with Chick-fil-A chicken, they seem to fall short. But what if you could create that same delicious taste from your own kitchen? Now you can with this copycat Chick-fil-A chicken nugget recipe. The franchise uses peanut oil for frying their chicken, so this recipe calls for the same oil. It’s a mild-tasting oil with a high smoke point, giving this chicken recipe the unique taste Chick-fil-A offers.
The same batter used for frying chicken nuggets can also be used on uncut chicken breasts if you want to prepare a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich. As for this recipe, it will yield enough nuggets to feed 6 people. The ingredients are so simple that you can easily whip up another batch if they are eaten too quickly! I try to use all of the batter at once because it can’t be saved, and I like to serve it with french fries. If only they were waffle fries…
Be sure to check our tips at the bottom of this recipe to give you the best chicken outcome.
Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- First, cut the chicken breasts to 1-inch pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Add in the chicken pieces. Place the bowl in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes while you prepare the bread crumbs.
- In a large plastic bag that can be sealed, add the breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, salt, pepper, and powdered sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken nuggets to the plastic bag, and shake the bag to coat the nuggets in the breading.
- Heat the skillet to medium-high heat, and pour the oil in.
- Add the chicken nuggets one by one, and cook them for about 2 minutes. Work in batches so the skillet isn't too crowded.
- Line a plate with paper towels, and once the nuggets are golden brown, remove them from the oil, and place them on the paper towels to dry and cool.
- Continue until all of the chicken has been fried.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- You only need to add a small amount of oil to the pan, just to add a nice thick coat to the bottom of the pan. You don't have to immerse the entire chicken into the oil.
- If the chicken breasts are too thick for your liking, you can pound them out before cutting and frying.
Would you like to make your own sauce to go with your chicken nuggets? Check out our Chick-fil-A sauce recipe to make this meal feel even more like the real deal!