The Chick-Fil-A Cobb Salad is a great meal choice for several reasons. It’s loaded with vegetables, and various textures and flavors. It increases your daily intake of fiber, vitamins, and smart fats. It’s a salad that actually makes you feel full. And you can choose either grilled chicken or crispy fried chicken nuggets. You can even change the taste with several different dressings that Chick-Fil-A offers. But let’s say it’s Sunday, and you just can’t get your hands on this tasty Cobb Salad. No worries – we have a recipe you can use from home, and even make enough to share for a Sunday brunch.
For this recipe, you can include either crispy sliced chicken nuggets or grilled chicken slices, depending on your taste or possible dietary guidelines. We have already shared a full post on how to make Chick-Fil-A nuggets, so we will include instructions for grilled chicken below. I prefer the crispy nuggets because of the flavor and texture it adds to the salad. For a vegetarian version, you can omit the chicken altogether. We’ll include instructions on how to make the Honey Mustard dressing for the Chick Fil A Cobb Salad, but you can use any of your favorite dressings or omit the dressing, and just enjoy the salad as is.
Chick-Fil-A Cobb Salad Recipe
For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tbsp horseradish
- 2 tbsp orange juice
For the Salad
- 4 eggs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups Spring Salad Mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots and shredded red cabbage mix
- 1 cup Monterey/Jack cheddar cheese blend
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 package bacon
For the Dressing
- Combine all ingredients together except for the orange juice and stir it well. Then pour in the orange juice. Store in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
For the Salad
- First, boil the eggs. Heat a small pot of water, and place 4 eggs in the water just as it begins to heat. Boil the eggs for about 20 minutes. When they're finished, scoop them out, put them in a bowl, and place them in the refrigerator until you're ready to put the salad together.
- Remember if you'd like to use crispy chicken, follow this recipe. If you'd like to use grilled chicken, pre-heat a skillet to medium-high heat, and pour 2 tbsp of oil into it. Place the chicken breast in a ziplock bag, and beat the chicken breast until it's about 1/4 inch thick with a chicken mallet. Once the skillet is hot, place the chicken breasts onto the skillet, and cover with a lid. Cook each side for about 3 minutes. Once they are finished, remove them from the skillet, and place them on a plate to cool. After they have cooled down, you can slice them into grilled chicken strips.
- Cook the strips of bacon according to package instructions, until they're crispy, and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Rinse and chop the romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Place about a cup of romaine lettuce into 4 serving bowls. Then add a handful of the spring salad mix.
- Divide the rest of the ingredients into 4 servings. In each serving bowl, add 1/4 of each ingredient- corn, sliced grape tomatoes, shredded carrots and cabbage mix, bacon, and cheese. Then add slices of chicken breast on the top, and add dressing, or leave it off, depending on your preference. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- This salad can be enjoyed with either crispy or grilled chicken. It can also be served as a vegetarian option by omitting the chicken completely.
- This salad will save in the refrigerator for a couple of days, but it's best to store the lettuce separately and add the other ingredients just as you're about to eat it. Store the lettuce in an air-tight container lined with a couple of paper towels to soak up extra moisture.
And if you want to eat your salad in style and say, take it to work, or just impress your friends with your fancy salad presentation, here are our favorite accessories to make this easy-breezy dinner look like it came out of a restaurant.
The Chick-Fil-A Cobb Salad is a delicious healthy meal option. Check our previous post to learn more about the Cobb Salad nutrition.