Who doesn’t love a sweet iced cappuccino? If you’re looking to cool off with a chilled afternoon drink, look no further. Tim Hortons is a famous coffee and donut chain in Canada, but for those of us stateside, don’t worry. We’ve got a delicious copycat Tim Hortons Iced Capps recipe – perfect for all the hot summer days that are on their way.
In this article
Before making this drink, make sure you have a high-quality blender that can handle a lot of ice. I’ve broken a blender or two trying to make iced drinks. Be sure to pulse your blender and don’t blend the ingredients for longer than a minute because the ice will begin to liquefy. You’ll want the consistency to be both slushy and creamy.
This recipe is made with dark brown sugar instead of white sugar. But you can use either one. Furthermore, this recipe calls for heavy cream, but you can substitute it with coconut milk for a healthy dairy-free option.
All the ingredients are common, and you likely have them in your pantry for baking goodies. How versatile!
Once you’ve blended all the ingredients, simply pour the cappuccino into two serving glasses and enjoy right away – you don’t want them to melt.
Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino Recipe
- A high-quality blender that can handle lots of ice cubes
- 5 oz brewed coffee
- 3 tbs dark brown sugar (or 3.5 tbsp of maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp caramel extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 12 ice cubes
- Mix hot coffee, brown sugar, caramel, and vanilla in a cup. Stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream and pour the mixture into the blender. Add the ice cubes and blend for about a minute. If it's a high-speed blender, pulse it so you don't liquefy the ice.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy!
- For a dairy-free version, you can use canned premium coconut milk.
- You can pour your morning coffee into ice trays for an extra coffee taste in this recipe.