The Subway Seafood Sensation is a discontinued menu item that was so popular, there is a Facebook page dedicated to fans who want to bring it back to the menu. While Subway has not announced its return any time soon, the fandom and recipe live on. Made with imitation crab and plenty of mayo, the 6-inch version of this sandwich can be easily replicated at home by mixing your own seafood salad. Simply mix all of the ingredients together and keep it chilled if you’re not going to use it immediately.
Just like Subway, you can add the Seafood Sensation to any of your favorite bakery bread – white, wheat, or my favorite- parmesan oregano. Cut the bread in half, scoop in spoonfuls of the seafood salad, and add whichever of your favorite healthy veggie toppings you enjoy, such as lettuce, tomatoes, onion slices, olives, pickles, boiled eggs, cucumber slices, or peppers. The salad mixture includes mayo, but if you’d like to add mayo to your bread, it’s another option. I also like to lightly toast my bread before adding in the filling.
The seafood salad can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days. You can even use it as a cracker dip or a pinwheel sandwich filling to change it up a bit.
Subway Seafood Sensation Recipe
- 8 oz imitation crab meat, flake style- pull apart so that it is shredded.
- 8 oz Imitation lobster meat, chopped
- 16 oz salad shrimp, frozen or fresh
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mrs. Dash, Original Flavor
- 4 6-inch bread loafs
- your favorite veggie toppings, such as tomatoes, onions, lettuce, olives, pickles, cucumbers, or peppers
- First, combine all the ingredients (minus the bread and toppings) into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Slice open each bread loaf and spoon in the seafood salad filling. Add your favorite veggies and toppings. Season with salt and pepper if you'd like. Close the sandwich, and serve.
Though Subway may not offer the Seafood Sensation, they do have a few fun choices on their secret menu. Have you tried their Chicken Cordon Bleu Sub? So good. There are a few other delicious secret options to try too.