Shrimp Scampi is one of the most popular dishes at Red Lobster, but if you’re in the mood for seafood night at home, you can whip up this dish all on your own. With this copycat recipe, enjoy Red Lobster-inspired Shrimp Scampi is just a half hour, paired with your favorite side dishes and seafood specials. Feel free to add sautéed mushrooms, pasta or rice to your scampi, as well, or a glass of wine if that’s your style. Salute!
Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|4||5 min||25min||30 min|
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice
- A pinch of Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- To prepare your ingredients, peel and devein shrimp, if you haven’t already. Juice half a lemon into a small bowl, and set aside. Soften butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Cook shrimp for 2 on each side, or until tender. (It should be opaque and pale pink – close to white.)
- Place shrimp on a plate and add garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, and be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Then, add wine and lemon juice to the skillet.
- Continue cooking your sauce over medium-high heat until half of the mixture has evaporated.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Lower heat and place softened butter into the skillet with the other ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients – cooked shrimp, parsley, salt, and pepper – to the skillet.
- Top with parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33.9g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 19.1g||95%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.3g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|
|Total Sugars 0.3g|
|Vitamin D 16mcg||79%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- Shrimp Scampi pairs well with whole wheat pasta or rice.
- You can buy frozen shrimp, but I recommend using fresh, raw shrimp that is already thawed.
- Need to peel and devein your shrimp? Check out this quick guide from Simply Recipes.
- For more copycat dinner dishes you can make at home, check out our Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe and Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe.