Shrimp Scampi is one of the most popular dishes at Red Lobster, but if you’re in the mood for seafood night at home, you can whip up this dish all on your own. With this copycat recipe, enjoy Red Lobster-inspired Shrimp Scampi is just a half hour, paired with your favorite side dishes and seafood specials. Feel free to add sautéed mushrooms, pasta or rice to your scampi, as well, or a glass of wine if that’s your style. Salute!
Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice
- A pinch of Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- To prepare your ingredients, peel and devein shrimp, if you haven’t already. Juice half a lemon into a small bowl, and set aside. Soften butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Cook shrimp for 2 on each side, or until tender. (It should be opaque and pale pink – close to white.)
- Place shrimp on a plate and add garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, and be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Then, add wine and lemon juice to the skillet.
- Continue cooking your sauce over medium-high heat until half of the mixture has evaporated.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Lower heat and place softened butter into the skillet with the other ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients – cooked shrimp, parsley, salt, and pepper – to the skillet.
- Top with parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
|Amount per serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 33.9g
|Saturated Fat 19.1g
|Total Carbohydrate 13.3g
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g
|Total Sugars 0.3g
|Vitamin D 16mcg
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Shrimp Scampi pairs well with whole wheat pasta or rice.
- You can buy frozen shrimp, but I recommend using fresh, raw shrimp that is already thawed.
- Need to peel and devein your shrimp? Check out this quick guide from Simply Recipes.
- For more copycat dinner dishes you can make at home, check out our Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe and Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe.
I love me some shrimp scampi! Great recipe!
Guys instead of shrimp I added lobster and trust me this lobster scampi was delicious.
I’ve came across many other recipes like this, but nothing beats Red Lobster’s shrimp scampi man!
There are plenty of lobster and shrimp recipes all over the internet which ive tried, but nothing beats this one. Don’t know how but its worth a shot and taste to!
I excluded garlic and added sweet peppers to the skillet instead and was delicious. Thank you!
I can’t resist this copycat dish, this is like my third time preparing it for my family.
Whole wheat pasta and i are not the best of friends neither rice but i used linguine. That paired well for me.
Didn’t have raw shrimp so used the frozen ones still was delicious.
My girlfriend and i wanted to know how to make this dish but kept stumbling upon OKAY recipes online but nothing beats this one was more than OKAY was DELICIOUS 🙂
My Garlic got burnt lol but didnt throw it away…burnt garlic doesnt taste soo yucky! Yummy dish thumbs up!