Making soup can be a time suck, from chopping veggies to cooking meat and simmering sauces. However, you can whip up this copycat Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup recipe in just 35 minutes, leaving you with a hearty, healthy meal with plenty of leftovers. Most of the ingredients are staple items, aside from the key ingredient, gnocchi. There’s nothing special you need to do to prepare it, though – just buy it ready-to-use and you’re good to go.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||20 min||35 min|
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1 cup spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, and diced
- 16 ounces package ready-to-use gnocchi
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Then, sauté onion, celery, and garlic until the onion is soft and limp.
- Add flour to the saucepan and stir continuously for 60 seconds.
- Add half-and-half and simmer until the mixture is thick.
- Stir in chicken broth, and allow the mixture to become thick once more. Then add the remaining ingredients, carrots, chicken, spinach, gnocchi, salt, thyme, parsley, and nutmeg.
- Heat for a few more minutes, and serve.
- You can make your Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup in a slow cooker, if you choose. But instead of tossing all your ingredients in at once, you’ll need to follow a few important steps. First, cook your chicken and veggies as the above recipe indicates. Then, add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, but leave out your gnocchi, spinach, and half-and-half. Set the slow cooker on low heat and cook for two hours. Then stir in the gnocchi and cook for one more hour. When it’s done cooking, toss in the spinach and pour in the half-and-half.
- You can replace the chicken breast with shredded rotisserie chicken or turkey, if desired.
- For more Olive Garden dishes you can make at home, try our Zuppa Toscana recipe and Olive Garden Alfredo recipe.