Every dish at Olive Garden is brimming with flavor, making it challenging to compete with them. However, with just the right ingredients, a little bit of time, and a tweak here and there, we can get pretty close to the original recipes. Plus, I’m a big fan of preparing meals from home, without having to pack up my family, drive, and wait at a restaurant. It’s also way less expensive to cook from home, and I can enjoy my favorite bottle of wine while I cook. It’s a win-win.
Today, we’re sharing one of our simpler favorites, the Five Cheese Ziti al Forno Recipe from Olive Garden. This recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare, but the magic happens during the baking. All the cheeses melt together and leave a crispy golden layer of Panko and cheese over the top. While this is a delicious vegetarian recipe, you could also add a protein to the pasta mixture, such as Italian sausage or chicken.
This Five Cheese Ziti al Forno is a filling, savory meal perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s a family favorite, especially with the kids. You can double the recipe and freeze the extra for a meal during the week, which is helpful when schedules get busy. I like to serve it with homemade Olive Garden breadsticks – another family favorite.
Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti al Forno Recipe
For the Pasta
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
For the Topping
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, cook the pasta according to package instructions, but al dente.
- When the pasta is ready, add the pasta, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, and fontina cheese in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Add the entire mixture to a large oven-safe skillet or 9x13 pan.
- Mix the mozzarella, panko, romano, parmesan, and garlic together in a bowl, and add the topping over the pasta.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes uncovered until golden brown and bubbly. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
- This recipe can be doubled and frozen for a future meal.
- This is a vegetarian-friendly recipe, but if you'd like to add a protein, it tastes great with Italian sausage or chicken.
- You could also garnish this dish with chopped basil or parsley.
Do you love baked pasta dishes? So do we. Check out all of the other delicious and savory Olive Garden Baked Pasta Dishes to inspire your meal planning.