In need of a quick appetizer or protein to top off your pasta dinner? Maggiano’s Meatballs are a delicious addition to any meal, but you don’t have to swing by the restaurant to get your hands on them. With this copycat recipe, we’ll walk you through step-by-step on how to craft the perfect meatballs for your next family meal. And while Maggiano’s Meatballs may taste like a million bucks, you likely already have many of the ingredients you’ll need in your kitchen, like ground beef, milk, garlic, and a handful of other spices and seasonings. Plus, they’re super easy to make in bulk and freeze for later.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||20 min||35 min|
- 20 ounces ground beef
- 6-8 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add Parmesan, garlic, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Toss together with a fork, and then combine the ground beef, milk, egg, parsley, and basil. Use your hands to fold ingredients together.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into meatballs, and set them on a tray or plate.
- In a skillet, add olive oil, and set the stove to medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, add the meatballs to the skillet and cook until brown on the outside.
- Finish cooking by placing the meatballs on a baking sheet or dish, and put them in the oven for another 12 minutes.
- If you plan to freeze the meatballs, let them cool after cooking them. Then, place them in a freezer-safe dish (aluminum or glass works best), and make sure it is sealed completely, whether it is with an air-tight lid or plastic wrap. You can keep them frozen for 90 days. For the best results, reheat them at 350 degrees in the oven or an air fryer.
- Need ideas for dinner? Try the classic spaghetti and meatballs by combining your meatballs with cooked pasta and a can of your favorite spaghetti sauce, sprinkled with parmesan. You can also bake mini meatball subs by using Hawaiian rolls and layering them with meatballs, marinara sauce, and your choice of cheese.
- For more Italian dishes, try our Olive Garden Alfredo recipe and Zuppa Toscana soup.