Ever try to whip up homemade fried chicken? It’s not as hard as it sounds – if you have a deep fryer on hand, that is. In fact, this copy KFC Fried Chicken Recipe only takes about thirty minutes to make from start to finish – less time than it would take for a bucket of homestyle chicken to be delivered to your front door. So whether you’re hoping to satisfy a random craving, use up some of the chicken you’ve stocked up on, or feed the family a new dish, you’ve come to the right place. Bonus: We even have recipes for KFC gravy and coleslaw so you have something to pair with your homemade fried chicken.
KFC Fried Chicken Recipe
- Deep fryer
- 4 cups All-purpose flour divided
- 2 tbsp Garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 3 tsp Pepper divided
- 2 1/2 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Mix dry ingredients, including 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and poultry seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- In a shallow bowl, add eggs, water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1-1/3 cup flour, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Coat each piece of chicken in egg mixture, then in the dry mixture.
- Use a deep fryer to heat oil to 375 degrees. Chicken should be 165° internally and crispy on the outside, which will take around 15 minutes total. Flip the chicken halfway through.
- Once the chicken is done, set the pieces on a few layers of paper towel to allow excess grease to drain.