KFC’s coleslaw is often imitated, but hard to duplicate exactly. Maybe it has something to do with the little red containers? Whatever it is, we think this recipe is pretty close to the Colonel’s secret coleslaw recipe, whatever it may be.
It’s dirt-cheap to make, tastes amazing, and goes great with – or on! – everything.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|9||15 min||15 min||4 h 30 min|
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 medium yellow onion
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Shred and dice cabbage and carrot (about the size of a grain of rice for both) and finely mine onion. Then mix all veggies in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, milk, buttermilk, sugar, and lemon juice. Add dressing to veggie mix bowl and stir to thoroughly coat veggies.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Stir again before serving.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.8g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5%|
|Total Sugars 11.1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- If the slaw comes out too watery, you can leave the cabbage in a colander for about an hour and that’ll reduce some of the water.
- You can store it in your fridge with a tight lid for up to five days!