Jack in the Box beef Tacos are some of our favorite fast food tacos because of their flavor and greasiness. And let’s be honest, sometimes, we just want a greasy midnight snack, regardless of nutrition. We work hard so we’re allowed, right?
We shared a recipe recently for making your own Jack in the Box Beef Tacos (link when it’s live) at home, and even though we recommend freezing them for 24 hours before frying them, the actual prep and cook time is only about 20 minutes. To make your tacos taste even more authentic, we’re sharing this Jack in the Box Taco Sauce recipe. This is extremely simple. All you have to do is combine the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil for a minute. Let is cool and pour about a tablespoon of sauce into each taco.
This recipe we’re sharing will yield enough sauce for about 16 tacos but you can store it in the freezer in a container with a lid for up to two months or the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It’s perfectly-flavored, salty, savory, sweet, tangy, and spicy (not hot, just a bit of spice). You can use this sauce on any of your other favorite recipes too such as chili.
Jack in the Box Taco Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2/3 tsp Season-All salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 tsp white pepper
- 1/3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for one minute, whisking constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool, whisking the sauce occasionally.
- Pour the cooled sauce into a sealable container or a squeeze bottle. Add about a tablespoon to each Jack in the Box Taco.
- This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. be sure to mix it well before serving.
We know you’re curious- which fast food tacos are the best? We’ve compiled our list and we would love to hear what you think.