Olive Garden is one of my top choices for lunches with friends or my family. Their menu items are filling and flavorful, and their sangria is a real treat. My favorite things about Olive Garden are their bottomless soups, their breadsticks, and their salads – though I always have to ask for extra pepperoncinis. Those are my very favorites. But if you’re like me, you’re preparing more meals at home these days, so I enjoy replicating recipes from my favorite restaurants when I can.
We’ve shared with you the recipe to replicate Olive Garden’s salads, but for that extra authentic experience, we’d like to share this Olive Garden Salad Dressing to complete the dish. It’s a tart, sweet dressing that will keep you coming back for more. But since you’re making it from home, you can make as much as you want. This recipe will yield 12 servings of side salads. If you don’t use it all in one sitting, you can easily store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
If you’d like for your dressing to have a yellow tint like Olive Garden’s original dressing, simply add a couple of pinches of turmeric until you reach the desired shade. Plus, turmeric is very healthy for you.
Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Using a whisk or blender, mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate flavors.
- Pour salad dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- If you prefer dressing to be yellow in color like the Olive Garden original add pinches of turmeric until you reach the desired shade.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Olive Garden offers delicious main dishes that you can prepare from home as well, including the Stuffed Chicken Marsala and the Five Cheese Ziti al Forno. Which of their dishes is your favorite? Share with us in the comments below.