The Chick-Fil-A Sandwich is a staple in many people’s diets, but swinging by the drive-through every week is never easy on the wallet. Instead of ordering your go-to #1 with waffle fries on the regular, try making a homemade version with this copycat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich recipe. You can even make it a Deluxe without spending that extra 85 cents.
Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Recipe
- 4 Hamburger buns split
- 1 Head green leaf lettuce leaves separated
- 1 Beefsteak tomato sliced
- 20 Dill pickle slices
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced in half, horizontally
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups Milk divided
- 1 cup Peanut oil
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Confectioners’ sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- On a cutting board, cut any visible fat off the sliced chicken breasts, and set them aside.
- In a dish, combine milk and pickle juice.
- Add chicken breasts to the mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain the mixture.
- Add the peanut oil to a skillet and turn the stovetop on high to heat oil.
- In another dish, mix 1 cup milk and egg.
- In a bowl, combine flour, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with milk and egg mixture, and imediately following, coat it in the flour mixture.
- Place one or two pieces of chicken on the hot skillet, depending on how big it is. Allow the chicken to cook for a few minutes on each side until it is cooked all the way through and crispy on the outside.
- Place finished product on a bun and top with lettuce, tomato, and pickles.