When you say the word “fast food” the words greasy and salty would always be the first adjectives that would pop into a person’s head. A famous television personality even once said, “Oh yes, there’s lots of great food in America. But the fast food is about as evil as it gets. It celebrates a mentality of sloth, convenience, and a cheerful embrace of food we know is hurting us.” Wendy’s has jumped off the bandwagon, and is now working on changing the general public’s view of fast food by offering healthy fast food meals.
400 Calories or Less, Please!
Health is indeed wealth at Wendy’s, which is why every man, woman, and child entering Wendy’s doors is automatically regarded as a very important customer. At Wendy’s nothing is more important than a happy and satisfied customer. That is why at Wendy’s you get only the finest quality ingredients in each meal that you buy. Wendy’s healthy fast food meals are twen;ty-four healthy items available on their menu that are less than four hundred calories, excluding beverages. These meals include:
- JBC (Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger) – 390 calories
- Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe – 350 calories
- Jr. Hamburger – 250 calories
- Jr. Cheeseburger – 290 calories
- Kids’ Cheeseburger – 290 calories
- Kids’ Hamburger – 250 calories
- Ultimate Chicken Grill – 370 calories
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich – 380 calories
- Spicy Chicken Go Wrap – 330 calories
- Grilled Chicken Go Wrap – 260 calories
- 4-Piece Chicken Nuggets – 180 calories
- 4-Piece Spicy Chicken Nuggets – 170 calories
- 6-Piece Chicken Nuggets – 270 calories
- 6-Piece Spicy Chicken Nuggets – 260 calories
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad Half Size – 340 calories
- Chicken BLT Cobb Salad Half Size – 300 calories
- Value French Fries – 220 calories
- Kids French Fries – 220 calories
- Small French Fries – 310 calories
- Small Chili – 180 calories
- Large Chili – 270 calories
- Garden Side Salad – 200 calories
- Caesar Side Salad – 250 calories
- Sour Cream and Chive Potato – 320 Calories
An average person is expected to consume at least 2, 500 calories per day. Wendy’s healthy fast food meals make sure that whenever you take a bite out of their delicious delicacies, you are well within the required daily calorie intake.
Kids Eat Well at Wendy’s
Wendy’s understands each parent’s plight to promote and teach their kids the value of healthy eating. Being serious in this matter, Wendy’s teamed up with the National Restaurants Association and joined the Kids Live Well program. The program was organized to help parents and children select nutritious foods when dining out. The Kids Live Well program encourages the increased consumption of fruits, vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, and low fat dairy. Operating by these standards, Wendy’s came up with the Kids’ Meal Nutritious Choices section on their menu which offers nutritious food and beverage choices like apple slices, low fat chocolate milk, low fat milk and grilled chicken wrap. Each serving is packed with vitamins such as potassium, carbohydrates, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron, which are all essential for a child’s growth.
Wendy’s Gluten Free Options
Gluten is a protein that is normally easily digested and absorbed, but for people who are sensitive to gluten, this could create health problems. Wendy’s is aware that a number of their customers have chosen to forego foods such as wheat, rye, and barley because of their high gluten content. Others have taken it out of their dietary intake because of medical reasons. Wendy’s understands this pickle and have offered to help by offering healthy fast food meals that do not contain gluten in their menu. Gluten free menu items at Wendy’s are:
Salads and Sides
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad without the pecans
- Baja Chili Salad
- Chicken BLT Cobb Salad
- Garden Side Salad without the croutons
- Caesar Side Salad without the croutons
- Apple Slices
- Baked Potato
- Sour Cream and Chives Potato
- Apple wood Smoked Bacon
- Ultimate Chicken Grill Fillet
Salad Toppings and Dressings
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
- Creamy Red Jalapeno Dressing
- Lemon Garlic Caesar Dressing
- Seasoned Tortilla Strips
Soft Ice Cream and Beverages
- Chocolate and Vanilla Frosty
- Caramel Frosty, Chocolate Frosty, and Strawberry Frosty Shakes
- Caramel Apple Frosty Parfait without granola
- Hot, Iced, and Brewed Unsweetened Iced Teas
- Coffee and Coffee Creamer
- Apple Juice
- Low Fat Chocolate and White Milk
- Lemonade, Strawberry Tea and Strawberry Lemonade
- Colas and Soda Drinks
- American, Shredded Cheddar, Natural Asiago, Cheddar, and Pepper Jack Cheeses
- Cheddar Cheese, Smokey Honey Mustard, and Ranch Sauces
- Mustard and Ketchup
- Lettuce, Red Onion, Pickles, Tomato, Crinkle-Cut
- Hot Chili Seasoning
- Ranch Sauce
Healthiest Favorites at Wendy’s
Every person has a favorite when it comes to food, and most often the reason people dine out is because of those favorite foods. The good news is at Wendy’s, their customers’ favorites are also the healthiest bunch on their menu. Because of this, Wendy’s deserves a two thumbs up for serving these top five favorite healthy fast food meals.
- Not only are they easy on the pocket, these chili favorites are yummy too, and have a low calorie count.
- The Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich is Wendy’s answer to customers who crave chicken without the added.
- For late breakfast or early lunch cravings, Wendy’s customers go for the Caesar Side Salad. Cholesterol of the chicken skin.
- The Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger is the power lunch choice of Wendy’s customers. It fills them up so that they can finish the rest of their work or school day.
- Customers of all ages enjoy the refreshing treat of the frosty yogurt.
Wendy’s has made all these food options available in their smart phone application, so customers can take their pick before they even enter any Wendy’s store. The application also comes in handy as a menu when ordering meals for delivery. Now that’s convenient healthy eating!