Pasta salad is one of those quick easy ideas that can be served either hot or cold, and it can be made in a hundred different ways. For simplicity’s sake, we’re sharing this Suddenly Salad Classic Copycat Recipe that can be prepared in just a few minutes. You can make it just as the recipe says, or you can customize the ingredients list. For example, this list calls for shredded carrots and peas. But if one of your kids doesn’t like peas, substitute for corn or any other vegetable. We recommend using shredded carrots, but you can also use frozen carrots chopped into small pieces. If you really want to make it simple, you can use a bag of frozen peas and carrots.
This recipe calls for mayonnaise, onion powder, and Hidden Valley Ranch mix. You’ll only need about an ounce of the mix, so save the rest for your next batch. many types of pasta will work well- elbows, spirals, or shells. Prepare the pasta according to the package and cool it down before folding it into the mixture.
For the garnish, bacon bits are the best. If you don’t have them, simply cook a package of bacon extra crispy and crumble it over the top. I also like to add a sprig of rosemary and a couple of tomatoes, but that’s a personal preference. Be sure to chill this Suddenly Salad Classic Copycat Recipe before serving, and enjoy.
Suddenly Salad Classic Copycat Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, dressing mix, bacon bits, shredded carrots, and onion powder. Chill while making the rest.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, al dente. Drain and cool.
- Fold the pasta into the bowl of chilled ingredients. Fold in the peas last. Chill for several hours.
- Serve chilled with bacon bits as a garnish.
- This meal is served best chilled. The longer you leave it in the fridge, the better. I'd recommend at least 3 hours.
- Once the salad has chilled, it might need a bit more mayo, if desired.
Looking for more salad inspiration? Check out our post on 10 Best Fast Food Salads.