Sonic has over 168,000 drink combinations, and the Sonic Cherry Limeade is one of the more popular drink combinations. You can actually create some of these at home with a few simple ingredients. But part of what makes this drink unique is Sonic’s ice nuggets- the creme de la creme of the ice world. If you really want to create a Sonic copycat drink. I’d make sure to have a Sonic ice supply on hand- and yes, you can purchase it at the restaurant. Assuming you don’t want to leave the house (which is why you’re making this drink from home to begin with), then regular ice will do. You can just pulse ice cubes in a blender for a few seconds for a similar texture.
The Cherry Limeade is the perfect afternoon refreshment, especially for hot summer days. It’s also great for parties, BBQs, and any get together. If you want to make it a real party, you can even add a splash of vodka to yours- that’s my own little secret.
This flavorful drink can also be made with Diet 7-Up or Sprite Zero, but for this recipe, we chose regular 7-Up (or Sprite), cherries, lime, and cherry syrup.
Sonic Cherry Limeade Recipe
- 2 cans 7-Up or Sprite
- 4 tbsp cherry syrup
- 4 cherries
- 2 limes
- First, cut one lime into wedges. Place 1 cherries and 1 lime wedge at the bottom of your serving glasses.
- Next, squeeze half of the other lime into one glass, and the other half in the other glass. Add some ice, the cherry syrup, and a can of Sprite or 7-Up in each glass. Pour in Sprite and add some ice. Then garnish both glasses with another cherry. Serve cold and enjoy.
- This drink is best if consumed right away. It's difficult to save soda once it's been opened and poured.
- You can substitute either soda for a Diet 7-Up or Sprite Zero.
- If you like a stronger lime taste, you can add extra lime juice.
For another sweet drink, check out this Starbucks Pink Drink recipe.