Shake Shack’s menu is pretty limited, offering five burgers, a few chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, and desserts. And while I can’t say I’ve ever ordered anything off the menu that I didn’t love, there are many customers who want more options. Fortunately, with the Shake Shack secret menu, fans can choose from an underground list of delicious, unique burgers that aren’t advertised on the regular menu.
One of those secret burgers is called the Shake Shack PB & Bacon Burger, a specialty variation of the Shackburger that we all know and love. If you’re a peanut butter lover, you’ve got to try this savory burger next time you visit the fast food joint. We’ve gathered all the information we can find about this secret menu sandwich, as well as a recipe you can use to whip it up at home.
How To Order the Shake Shack PB & Bacon Burger
Ordering from a secret menu sounds intimidating, but it’s really not. With social media and the internet, secret menus aren’t actually secretive anymore, so workers at Shake Shack typically know how to make everything on the secret menu. And if they don’t, you can always explain what’s in it.
When you go to order the Shake Shack PB & Bacon Burger, the simplest way to ask for one is to order an original Shackburger with peanut butter sauce and bacon. These typically run at $6.75 a piece. However, rumor has it that some Shake Shack locations don’t carry the peanut butter sauce anymore. If anyone orders one and can confirm or deny, let us know in the comments below! If your local Shake Shack doesn’t carry peanut butter sauce, there’s no alternative, but there is a copycat recipe you can try at home!
Peanut Butter Bacon Burger Recipe
If you’re into trying new recipes at home, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a DIY version of the PB & Bacon Burger that you can make from your own kitchen. The recipe is super simple is the perfect way to spice up your next cookout.
This recipe was originally published in the Shake Shack cookbook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger potato buns
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (mix with a bit of canola oil to thin)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices cooked thick-cut bacon, cut in half
- Split round beef into four patties.
- Cover patties with a layer of peanut butter sauce.
- After melting the butter, layer the insides of the buns with it and place them in a toaster or on a griddle until golden brown.
- Then, spread a layer of the peanut butter sauce on the inside of the buns.
- Season the burger patties with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook them on a skillet or grill over medium heat until they are cooked how you’d like.
- Once the burgers are done, add them to the bun and top with bacon.
Curious about other secret menu burgers? Check out the Burger King Suicide Burger.