Panda Express Chow Mein is one of the most popular items on the menu, and it’s also one of the most simple. It’s made with Yakisoba noodles, celery, cabbage, and onions, tossed with soy sauce and oyster sauce, and it’s ready in just a few minutes. For this reason, you can make it yourself at home with this Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat recipe.
If you want this recipe to be a close copycat of Panda Express, be sure to use the Yakisoba noodles because they’re the same in texture and flavor. Another thing to keep in mind is to use fresh veggies. You want them to be crisp and caramelized. Be sure to chop them thinly, and don’t place them in the pan until it’s very hot. If you have a wok, this would be a great recipe to use it with because it’s made for high heat and fast cooking. The angles of the wok increase the cooking area and help to speed up the process. Let the veggies cook for a couple of minutes until they’re caramelized. Stir and let them brown a bit more. Then you’ll add the noodles and toss them together with the soy sauce and oyster sauce. This Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat recipe is a super simple recipe you can make in just a few minutes- in less time than it would take you to drive to your nearest Panda Express, that’s for sure!
Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat Recipe
- 2 packages dry Yakisoba noodles (cooked without spice packets and drained)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 8 oz cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 oz celery, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- First, slice the onions, celery, and cabbage into thin slices. Oil the pan or wok and set to high. When the oil is hot, add the veggies. Let them cook for a couple of minutes until they're caramelized a bit. Stir and continue to let them caramelize.
- Next, you'll add the noodles and toss them together with the veggies. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce and toss together again. Serve hot and enjoy.
- This is a vegetarian dish, but you can add slices of chicken or beef to this recipe. Simply slice your meat of choice, sear it on both sides and add it to the wok after you cook the veggies.
This year, Panda Express changed its menu to feature popular best selling dishes. See if your favorite made the list on this Best Sellers Only Menu.