It seems like chicken and pasta can be made in a myriad of ways, and I’ve yet to try one that I didn’t like. Olive Garden is one restaurant that offers rich, full chicken and pasta entrees, and if you’re lucky, you can find a similar recipe to try at home. Today, we’re sharing an Olive garden Chicken Vino Bianco recipe, and it’s so delicious, you’ll hardly believe it’s so simple to prepare. One look at the ingredients list and you’ll know this recipe is a winner with its creamy wine sauce complimented by red pepper flakes, onions, and parmesan cheese.
This recipe calls for linguini, but don’t make a run to the store just for that – you can use any kind of pasta you have on hand. prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package, and add it to the sauce before serving.
This recipe calls for four chicken breasts, which is enough for four servings. It’s slightly breaded, and cooked until golden brown on a hot skillet, and placed on top of a bed of creamy pasta. If you’d like to enjoy this as a vegetarian meal, simply omit the chicken – it will take less time to prepare without the chicken as well.
All in all, expect to spend about 30-35 minutes preparing this copycat Olive Garden meal that’s perfect for the whole family.
Olive Garden Chicken Vino Bianco Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped, divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb dry linguine
- In a shallow bowl, combine ½ cup flour, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Stir with a fork to blend. Using tongs, coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breast in the skillet and cook until cooked through and golden brown, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Now, prepare your linguini or pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can prepare the sauce. Add 4 tablespoons of butter, onion, and garlic to the skillet. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup of the remaining flour to the skillet and whisk to combine. Then add cream, lemon juice, wine, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Whisk until you have a smooth mixture. Add up to 1 cup of pasta water to help create the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta, half of the scallions, and half of the tomatoes to the sauce, and stir to combine. Return the chicken to the skillet and allow it to warm.
- Spoon the pasta and sauce onto a plate or bowl. Add one chicken breast onto the pasta, and sprinkle the remaining scallions and tomatoes on top. Serve and enjoy.
- You can use any kind of pasta you have on hand- you don't have to use only linguini.
- To make this a vegetarian meal, simply omit the chicken breast.
Want to make your Olive garden Chicken Vino Bianco recipe more of an authentic Olive Garden experience? Try our recipe for homemade Olive Garden breadsticks.