Jack in the Box Mini Sirloin Burgers are perfect for snacking on or sharing at a tailgate party or potluck. Kids especially love them because they’re small and easy to hold, and the fillings don’t fall out like they do in bigger sandwiches. These burgers can be eaten when you’re on the go or while mingling, and they’re super tasty. Instead of hitting u your local drive-thru, how about making mini-burgers yourself? We have a super simple recipe, showing you how to make eight Jack in the Box mini-burgers in just a few minutes.
The best part of this recipe is its simplicity. You won’t need any complicated ingredients or equipment, and you can easily double or triple this recipe for larger groups. The secret ingredient here is the grilled onions in peanut oil. Be sure to cut the onions into thin slices, and cook them until they’re caramelized, but not burnt. While the onions are cooking, you’ll want to add a few mini patties into the pan so they can soak up all the flavors from the oils.
Once the patties and onions are finished cooking, simply add all of your favorite toppings to your mini buns, and serve.
Jack in the Box Mini Sirloin Burgers Recipe
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 4 slices of American cheese, cut in half
- 8 slices of tomato
- 16 pickle slices
- 8 tsp ketchup
- peanut oil for grilling
- 8 mini-hamburger buns
- Mix the ground sirloin, pepper, and seasoned salt in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat. Slice the onions into very thin rings and place them in the pan with peanut oil. Allow the onions to grill slowly but make sure they don't become brown.
- While the onions are cooking, form your hamburger patties and place them into the hot pan. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Then remove the patties and the onions from the pan.
- Open each mini bun, and add 1 mini patty, 2 pickles, a half a slice of cheese, grilled onions, a sliced tomato, and some ketchup. Add the top bun, serve hot, and enjoy.
Onion rings make a delicious side dish to serve with the mini burgers, so check out our Burger King Onion Rings recipe.