Crumbl Cookies are undeniably delicious and satisfying, but with each cookie often clocking 700+ calories, I often do not want to finish all my cookies in one go.
This made me wonder: how long can you keep Crumbl Cookies fresh?
Crumbl has formally stated that their cookies last 5 days, and I noticed my cookies get crusty around day 5 so that sounds right. But what if I wanted to keep them fresh longer?
It’s actually pretty easy, and I can tell you exactly how. Here is everything you need to know about storing your Crumbl Cookies goodness.
In this article
- How Long Are Crumbl Cookies Good For?
- How to Know If Crumbl Cookies Are Fresh?
- How to Store Crumbl Cookies
- The Impact of Storage Conditions on Cookie Freshness
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Long Are Crumbl Cookies Good For?
The shelf life of Crumbl Cookies can vary significantly, ranging from 3 days to 6 months, depending on several factors. Proper storage is key to preserving their quality.
Here’s a breakdown of how long you can expect Crumbl Cookies to last under different storage conditions:
Room Temperature (up to 7 days):
When kept at room temperature in an airtight container, away from direct light, heat, and moisture, Crumbl Cookies typically remain fresh for about 3 to 7 days.
Refrigeration (up to 14 days):
If you store Crumbl Cookies in the refrigerator in a sealed airtight container, they can last for up to 14 days while maintaining their flavor and texture.
Freezer (up to 6 months):
For the longest shelf life, freezing Crumbl Cookies is your best bet. When properly sealed and stored in the freezer, Crumbl Cookies can stay delicious for up to 6 months.
It’s worth noting that while these storage methods can help extend the life of your cookies, the Crumbl brand itself recommends enjoying their cookies within a few days of purchase for the best taste experience.
How to Know If Crumbl Cookies Are Fresh?
You can easily tell whether Crumbl Cookies are fresh – let me teach you how. This is a straightforward process that involves visual inspection, tactile examination, and using your sense of smell.
Here’s how you can tell if Crumbl Cookies are at their freshest:
Fresh Crumbl Cookies emit a delightful, sweet aroma. When you bring them close to your nose, you will detect an amazing inviting fragrance.
To the touch, fresh Crumbl Cookies offer a pleasing crunchiness without being overly soft or excessively hard.
When you take a bite of a fresh Crumbl Cookie, there is a contrast. The outer layer is crisp and crunchy, while the interior is soft, smooth, and slightly gooey. A fresh cookie will effortlessly melt in your mouth.
How to Store Crumbl Cookies
Room Temperature Storage:
For short-term storage, up to a week, room temperature is your perfect choice. To prevent staleness and maintain freshness and crunchiness, follow these steps:
- Place the cookies in an airtight container or a vacuum-sealed bag with paper towels to absorb any moisture.
- Store cookies in a dark, cool, and dry location, such as a cabinet or pantry.
When you need to extend the freshness for slightly more than a week, consider refrigeration. To prolong cookie’s shelf life, follow these steps:
- Place the cookies in an airtight container or a vacuum-sealed bag with paper towels to absorb any moisture
- Store cookies in a refrigerator.
For long-term storage, freezing is the ideal choice. Here’s how to do it effectively:
- Vacuum-seal the cookies in a container or freezer bag. Separate cookies into individual bags or containers if you don’t plan to serve them all at once.
- Place cookies in a freezer.
- When you’re ready to enjoy them, remove the desired quantity from the freezer and thaw them completely to ensure the crunch remains unaffected.
- To serve the cookies, spread the thawed cookies evenly on a baking pan and heat them in an oven, microwave, or air fryer.
Here are a few more tips that worked well for me:
- If you prefer keeping your cookies in their original box, consider placing a piece of white bread inside the box. The bread can help absorb excess moisture and prevent the cookies from becoming overly soft or stale.
- For optimal freshness, it’s best to avoid using the original box and instead store your cookies in an airtight container. This container will effectively seal out air and moisture, preserving the cookies’ texture and flavor.
- When storing different flavors of Crumbl Cookies, avoid stacking them on top of each other. This prevents the flavors from mingling and ensures each cookie retains its unique taste.
- For long-term storage, consider using a cutter to divide your cookies into individual pieces. Then, freeze these individual pieces separately. This approach allows you to take out and enjoy single servings without thawing the entire batch.
The Impact of Storage Conditions on Cookie Freshness
Where you choose to store your cookies has a significant impact on their overall freshness, flavor, texture, and shape. Heat, moisture, and light are the main enemies of freshness. They can rapidly lead to stale, brittle, crumbly flavorless cookies.
To ensure your cookies maintain their freshness, follow these steps to protect them:
Store your cookies in an airtight container or a vacuum-sealed bag.
Consider wrapping them with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture. The opaque nature of paper towels also helps in blocking out light.
Curbing Light and Heat:
Use an opaque container or bag to shield your cookies from light.
When storing cookies at room temperature, place the container or bag in a cool, dark, and dry location.
Ultimately, the best way to enjoy Crumbl Cookies, at their peak freshness, is to consume them within the recommended time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Long Are Crumbl Cookies Good For?
Crumbl Cookies are at their best within the first 72 hours of purchase. After this period, they gradually begin to lose their freshness and may become stale. However, by employing proper storage methods—whether at room temperature, in the fridge, or freezer—you can extend their shelf life significantly. Depending on your chosen storage option, you can expect Crumbl Cookies to remain delicious for anywhere between 3 days to an impressive 6 months.
Is It Hard To Keep Crumbl Cookies Fresh?
Preserving the freshness of Crumbl Cookies is easy. Depending on how long you want to keep them fresh, you can store them at room temperature, in a refrigerator, or in a freezer. It’s important to note that Crumbl Cookies are crafted with care and typically contain minimal to no chemical stabilizers or preservatives found in store-bought alternatives.
Can You Freeze Crumbl Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze Crumbl Cookies, and it’s one of the most effective methods for preserving their freshness over an extended period. When stored in an airtight container and frozen, Crumbl Cookies can maintain their deliciousness for up to 6 months.
Do Crumbl Cookies Need To Be Refrigerated?
Crumbl Cookies do not need to be refrigerated. You can store them at room temperature for up to a week. This being said, Crubml cookies definitely can be refrigerated, and refrigerating is the best way to retain their flavor. When stored in an airtight container and refrigerated, Crumbl Cookies will last you up to 14 days.
Can You Fix Crumbl Cookies that Have Gone Stale?
If your Crumbl Cookies have gone stale, there’s a good chance you can breathe new life into them.
Here’s how to revive stale Crumbl Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Place the stale cookies on a baking sheet, ensuring there is some space between each cookie.
- Bake them for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Check them during this time to ensure they have regained their crunch and sweet flavors.
- Alternatively, you can try toasting the stale cookies in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Place them in the toaster or toaster oven and toast them for a brief period until they become crispy and flavorful.