Dairy Queen desserts are some of the best in the fast-food world. Their ice cream recipe is fantastic, and their toppings are always on point. One of their popular treats was the DQ Crunch Cone. I say “was” because it was discontinued, to the dismay of many crunch cone lovers. But not to worry – now you can make your very own DQ Crunch Cone from home any time you wish.
There are a few versions of “crunch” out there. Some mix sprinkles with Rice Krispies, and others add crunched ice cream cone to the mix. For this recipe, we stick to the basics, and you can get creative from there. All you need to make the Crunch mixture is some sprinkles and butter toffee-covered peanuts. Simple pulse the peanuts in a blender for a few seconds and mix them in a bowl with the multi-colored sprinkles. To make the Crunch Cone, spoon your favorite vanilla bean ice cream into a cone, and press the cone into the bowl of Crunch mixture. So simple, you’ll wonder why you hadn’t tried it before!
This crunch mix will make about eight cones, and if you don’t use it all, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready for more.
DQ Crunch Cone
- 12 oz Butter toffee-covered peanuts
- 4 oz Multi-colored sprinkles
- 1 tub Vanilla ice cream
- 8 Ice cream cones
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the peanuts a few times, until it resembles coarse crumbles.
- Pour the peanuts into a bowl, add the sprinkles, and mix them together.
- Scoop your favorite vanilla ice cream into a cone. Make sure to push it into the cone well. Then roll the ice cream into the bowl of the Crunch mixture, covering as much as you can. Serve immediately.
- If you don't use all of the mixture, you can place it in an air-tight container in the fridge until you're ready. You can also add it to a bowl of yogurt.
Looking for some fall-inspired treats? Check out our post on 9 Binge-worthy Fast Food Sweets for the Fall.