Imagine your home spelling like a Cinnabon store. There’s nothing quite as comforting as the warm aroma of cinnamon and hints of vanilla. With this Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe, you’ll have everyone drooling from the smell (and taste) of these homemade copycat treats. There are a few parts to this recipe – the dough, the filling, and the cream cheese icing – but don’t let that intimidate you. This copycat recipe is hard to screw up and tastes just like the real thing. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself.
Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|12||20||20||2 hr 10 min|
- Start by adding yeast, warm milk, and 1 tsp of sugar to a bowl. Stir to dissolve and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour.
- Combine yeast mixture to the mixing bowl and mix with a dough hook.
- Once a ball of dough has formed, remove it from the mixing bowl and place it in a separate oiled bowl.
- Cover the bowl and place in a warm spot to let rise for one hour. The dough should be double its original size at the end of the hour.
- Spread flour on a clean countertop and begin to roll the dough out.
- The dough needs to be around 12×16 inches and 1/4 inch thick.
- Once the dough is flattened, brush melted butter on top. Then add sugar on top of the butter.
- Starting at one end, roll the dough all the way to the other end so the butter and sugar are inside the roll.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the dough into equal parts that are about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Grease a baking sheet and put the rolls on it.
- Use saran wrap to cover the rolls. Allow them to rise for another half hour.
- While the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes.
- For the icing, add all ingredients to one bowl and mix thoroughly.
- After the rolls are finished, take them out of the oven and top them with the icing.
|Amount per serving||1 roll|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.8g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.5g||57%|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.3g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 36.6g|
|Vitamin D 13mcg||66%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- Many people make these cinnamon rolls in large batches. If you want to freeze them, be sure to thaw them out within six weeks!
- Pro tip: when your cinnamon rolls are done baking, flip each of them over. This will allow the filling that sank to the bottom recover the roll.
great memories, my grandma loved baking these for us!
I wonder how those will taste if i make them, they look mouthwatering though!
I want them but i find its to much trouble now to prepare, can someone deliver? Lol
I baked these and they came out great and plus its just a few ingredients!
My husband and i just had cinnamon rolls as our dinner snack. Store bought though:)
I saw this recipe and tried them and it stayed a little to long in the oven but they were still delicious.
Mine was exceptionally yummy!!!! I gave it a speck of powdered sugar to the top.
My kids enjoyed those, thank you!
My dough didnt rise lol so mine was a mess!