Chicken salad is the perfect dish for Sunday brunches, pot lucks, or even quick light lunches with a nice cold glass of lemonade. Everyone makes their chicken salad a little differently, but if you’re a fan of Chicken Salad Chick, then you’ll enjoy this Chicken Salad Chick Copycat recipe that you can make from home. This is a really simple recipe with basic ingredients that you likely already have on hand. What makes it stand out is that it’s prepared by poaching chicken tenders in chicken stock or broth, which gives it an added depth of flavor. The other ingredient that gives this recipe extra flavor is the dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
Consistency is important with this recipe. Make sure to chop the celery extra fine, and make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well before serving. For extra nutrition, sometimes I put chopped pieces of boiled eggs in my chicken salad.
This Chicken Salad Chick copycat recipe can be served in several ways. I prefer mine on a sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. You could also serve it on a bed of lettuce. Or you could serve it with some of your favorite crackers.
This recipe tastes best chilled, so if you have time, store it in an airtight container for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Chicken Salad Chick Copycat Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 32 oz low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely minced celery
- 2 tsp dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- slices of whole wheat bread, lettuce, or tomato slices for serving
- First, cook the chicken by poaching it in chicken stock. Fill a large pot with the chicken tenders and chicken stock. Poach over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Next, shred the chicken with a stand mixer by using a paddle attachment. Or you can shred the chicken tenders with two forks.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the celery, mayonnaise, dry Ranch dressing mix, salt, and black pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add shredded chicken and mix in well. You can store the chicken salad in an airtight container until you're ready to serve. Serve in a sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes or on a bed of lettuce.
- The chicken salad tastes better if it's prepared a couple of hours before it's served.
Looking for more healthy fast food options? Check out our post on 27 Guilt-Free Fast Food Lunches for some great ideas.