Arby’s is always changing up their menu, from the addition of Mac and Cheese to new variations of the Classic Roast Beef Sandwich.
But, what happens when one of your favorite foods gets pulled from the Arby’s Menu?
Some of the most popular sandwiches that were taken off the regular menu are still available, according to an Arby’s franchise owner. Now, these sandwiches and a few others have made it onto the Secret Menu for customers to order whenever they’d like. The only catch? Not everyone that works at Arby’s will know about the secret menu items, so you may have to explain to them what a Bacon Beef N Cheddar is.
Ready to see which throwback sandwiches are available?
Here’s a look at what you can get on the latest Arby’s Secret Menu.
In this article
- Arby’s Secret Menu Items
- Meat Mountain Sandwich
- Arby’s Melt
- Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
- Onion Tanglers
- Ultimate BLT
- Double Stacked Reuben
- Turkey ‘N’ Cheddar
- Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Bacon Beef N’ Cheddar
- French Dip Max
- Super Roast Beef Sandwich
- Super Beef & Swiss Sandwich
- Big Iowa
- Junior Deluxe
- The Rachel
- Bonus: Ask to switch the bread.
Arby’s Secret Menu Items
If you ask us, Arby’s secret foods are a bit easier to get your hands on then other fast food secret menus. This is because most of these items are just variations of other items, so each restaurant should already have the ingredients in stock. Just remember, if you’re ordering an item by its Secret Menu name, be patient with the Arby’s employee. Not everyone knows about all of the items on this list, so simply explain what the ingredients are if the worker isn’t familiar.
Meat Mountain Sandwich
There is no argument: The Meat Mountain Sandwich is by far the most iconic secret menu item Arby’s has ever offered. It is a true testament of Arby’s slogan “We have the meats,” containing a layer of chicken tenders, Angus steak, roast turkey, ham, corned beef, brisket, roast beef, and bacon. There’s a beast of a sandwich hiding on the secret menu that will make you rethink your definition of gluttony.
The Arby’s Meat Mountain is an overwhelmingly large sandwich, stacked high as a mountain with every single meat on the menu – literally.
Oh, and it’s topped with both Swiss and cheddar cheese. If it sounds overwhelming, well, that’s because it is. Order at your own risk.
So, how do you get your hands (and mouth) on one of these? Here’s what we know about this monstrous melt.
What is the Arby’s Meat Mountain?
When Arby’s commercials say “we have the meats,” they should really show a picture of the Meat Mountain. It’s stacked with every form of meat that Arby’s offers, and somehow it doesn’t topple over. When you order the secret menu sandwich, you’re really asking for this carnivorous combination:
- Two chicken tenders
- Pit-smoked ham
- Smoked brisket
- Roast beef
- Pepper bacon
- Roast turkey
- USDA-choice Angus steak
- Cheddar cheese
- Swiss cheese
And somehow, two buns are expected to hold that whole mess together. We’re not convinced, to be honest. And to make matters worse (or better?), some locations have even served the Meat Mountain “Denali-style,” which adds yet another layer of protein to the mix – a wild-caught Alaskan pollock fish filet. (Denali comes from the Denali Mountain in Alaska where the fish come from.)
How To Order It
You can order the Arby’s Meat Mountain by name. Since it was once on the regular menu, most employees will know what you’re talking about and are happy to prepare it for you. In fact, some may even find it entertaining to hand over a menu item large enough to feed a small village. If for some reason the Arby’s worker doesn’t know what a Meat Mountain is, you can just tell them you’d like a sandwich with every meat on it, along with cheddar and Swiss of course.
You can snag this big boy for $10, which is actually a steal for what you’re getting. If you want the sandwich “Denali-style,” it may cost you extra.
- Calories: 1030
- Calories From Fat: 459
- Fat: 51g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Trans Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 225mg
- Sodium: 3640mg
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 87g
Minus the bun:
- Calories: 854
- Fat: 48g
- Carbs: 25g
- Protein: 82g
The Arby’s Melt falls somewhere in line with Burger King Cini Minis and KFC’s Doubledown – all classics and fan-favorites that were taken from us way before we were prepared to say goodbye. At the time, no one understood why the Arby’s Melt was pulled from the menu so soon. Was it a publicity stunt or a cruel joke? Arby’s fans everywhere have questioned why the Arby’s Melt was discontinued, and while we may never know the real answer, we’ve got some good news. You can still order the melt from the Arby’s secret menu.
What is the Arby’s Secret Menu Melt?
For those of you who need a refresher, the Arby’s Melt is only one of the most deliciously simple sandwiches the fast food chain has ever served. Containing two ounces of sliced roast beef, the Arby’s Melt is topped with cheddar cheese sauce and sandwiched together with a toasted sesame bun. What makes this sandwich stand out from the other dozen still on the regular menu is the cheese sauce. Many other sandwiches have melted sliced cheese – which is great – but there’s something so satisfying about the flavor profile of the cheese sauce and roast beef.
How to order the Arby’s Melt?
With most secret menu items, you have to explain the ingredients that go into the dish when you order it. But since the Arby’s Melt was on the regular menu in the past, you can usually get away with ordering it by name. If not, it’s only a few ingredients so you can always explain what you want just to be safe.
Arby’s Melt Nutrition
If you’re curious about the nutrition info for the Arby’s Melt, we’ve got all the details below (thanks to its early days on the Arby’s menu):
|Calories From Fat||110|
Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
You may be furrowing your brows because there’s already a ham and cheese on the Arby’s menu, but trust us, it’s nothing like this one. There is a Ham and Cheese Slider on the regular menu that contains just a few ingredients – ham and cheese, of course, on a slider roll. However, this Arby’s Secret Menu item is not only bigger in size, but its flavor blows the slider out of the water. The Secret Menu sandwich is layered with ham and Swiss cheese, topped with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, and red onions. Then, it’s finished off with a drizzle of mayo and spicy brown honey mustard on toasted honey wheat bread.
The Ham and Swiss was pulled from the regular menu, but most Arby’s locations should still be able to make it for you. You can also order this Arby’s Secret Menu item with roast turkey instead of ham.
- How to Order: Ask for a roast ham sandwich with Swiss cheese.
- What It’s Made Of: Thinly sliced ham on honey wheat bread, Swiss cheese, red onions, tomatoes, spicy brown mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Cost: Approximately $4.99, depending on customization.
- Taste: A nostalgic taste that brings back memories of classic American sandwiches.
A side dish of crispy fried onion strings. They are seasoned to perfection, crunchy and savory. They are a perfect side or topping for your favorite sandwich.
- How to Order: Ask for a side of Onion Tanglers, and the staff will know what you mean. It’s a popular off-menu item.
- What It’s Made Of: Crispy fried onion strings seasoned to perfection.
- Cost: Usually around $1.99, depending on the location.
- Taste: Crunchy, savory, and addictive. Perfect as a side or a topping on your favorite sandwich.
The Ultimate BLT is a retired item that was resurrected with the Secret Menu. It’s classic, tasty, and loaded with bacon, so it’s no wonder customers were craving it after they pulled it from the regular menu. This masterpiece originally had five slices of bacon but now comes with eight. You customize it by switching the bread to marbled rye or adding zesty red ranch or parmesan peppercorn ranch.
- How to Order: Ask for the Ultimate BLT, a known item on the secret menu.
- What It’s Made Of: honey wheat bread sandwich, stuffed with eight pieces of Arby’s signature pepper bacon, along with tomatoes, lettuce, and creamy mayo.
- Cost: Approximately $5.49, a fair price for bacon lovers.
- Taste: Crispy, salty, and fresh. A BLT taken to the next level.
Double Stacked Reuben
A hearty classic, the Double Stacked Reuben offers double the meat with marble rye bread, sauerkraut, corned beef, Swiss cheese, and extra dressings for a rich, tangy experience.
- How to Order: Ask for a Reuben with double meat (7 ounces instead of 3.5).
- What It’s Made Of: Marble rye bread, sauerkraut, sliced corned beef, melted Swiss cheese, and extra dressings.
- Cost: Approximately $6.99, depending on the meat quantity.
- Taste: Rich, tangy, and satisfying. A true comfort food.
Turkey ‘N’ Cheddar
A cheesy delight, the Turkey ‘N’ Cheddar offers turkey, bacon, red ranch sauce, melted cheddar cheese sauce, and an onion roll for a savory treat.
- How to Order: Order a Classic Beef ‘N’ Cheddar but ask for freshly sliced turkey instead of beef.
- What It’s Made Of: Turkey, bacon, red ranch sauce, melted cheddar cheese sauce, and an onion roll.
- Cost: Around $4.99, a satisfying meal at a great price.
- Taste: A cheesy, savory treat with a delightful combination of flavors.
Bacon Mac and Cheese
Arby’s Mac and Cheese is supposedly only available for a limited time, so you’ll need to try this Secret Menu item ASAP before it’s removed from the menu. Simply ask for a side of mac and cheese with pepper bacon bits crumbled on top. If the fast-food worker can’t take your order, you can always see if they will give you a side of bacon.
- How to Order: Ask for a side of mac and cheese with bacon. Some locations may accommodate this request.
- What It’s Made Of: Creamy mac and cheese topped with crispy bacon bits.
- Cost: Around $2.99, depending on the location.
- Taste: A comforting blend of creamy and crispy textures.
Bacon Beef N’ Cheddar
The Bacon Beef N Cheddar is a much more manageable amount of food than the aforementioned secret menu item; plus you may recognize this sandwich from the regular Arby’s menu. There is just one tweak to the original Beef N Cheddar that makes this secret menu item to-die-for – a layer of crispy pepper bacon.
This variation of the signature Arby’s Beef and Cheddar sandwich became so popular it has appeared on the regular menu.
- How to Order: Order the classic Beef ‘N’ Cheddar and ask to add bacon. If you want more meat, try ordering it with double bacon, double beef, or both.
- What It’s Made Of: Thin-sliced roast beef, cheddar cheese sauce, onion roll, and crispy bacon.
- Cost: Approximately $4.99, plus a small charge for the added bacon.
- Taste: A delightful combination of salty, savory, and cheesy flavors. The bacon adds a smoky touch.
French Dip Max
The regular menu French Dip and the Secret Menu French Dip are basically the same things, except the Double is bigger and comes with a whopping seven ounces of roast beef. It’s as exciting as it sounds. But, if you’re hungry, it’s a solid option.
- How to Order: Request a French Dip Sandwich with twice the meat.
- What It’s Made Of: 7 oz of roast beef, two slices of Swiss cheese, and French dip sauce.
- Cost: Around $6.49, depending on the location.
- Taste: A meaty indulgence with a perfect balance of flavors.
Super Roast Beef Sandwich
Super may be a stretch for this Arby’s Secret Menu sandwich, but according to our sources, it’s delicious. The Super Roast Beef Sandwich looks and tastes a whole lot like the classic roast beef. The main (and only) difference is that it has more slices of roast beef than the original. You can get it topped with tomatoes, lettuce, and Red Ranch Sauce.
Adding a slice of cheddar cheese is extra but totally worth it.
- How to Order: Ask for more slices of roast beef.
- What It’s Made Of: roast beef, lettuce, tomato, and special red ranch sauce on a sesame bun.
- Cost: Around $4.29, a great value for the taste.
- Taste: A delightful twist on the classic roast beef sandwich.
Super Beef & Swiss Sandwich
Take the Super Roast Beef Sandwich just a little furhter by adding Swiss cheese. The main (and only) difference to the Super Roast Beef is adding some cheese.
- How to Order: Ask for more slices of roast beef and some cheese
- What It’s Made Of: roast beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and special red ranch sauce on a sesame bun.
- Cost: Around $4.29, a great value for the taste.
- Taste: A delightful twist on the classic roast beef sandwich for cheese lovers.
The story behind the creation of this sandwich is fascinating. In 2017, a college student named Chris Jorgensen tweeted a picture of a sandwich made with processed American cheese and Pop-Tarts, claiming it was an Iowa specialty. Arby’s noticed the attention the tweet received and invited Jorgensen to their headquarters to collaborate on a real sandwich that Iowa could be proud of. The result was the “Big Iowa,” which was released as a one-day-only promotion at a single Arby’s location in Iowa. Ordering this secret menu item might be a challenge, but most Arby’s locations will have the necessary ingredients to make it.
- How to Order: This one might require a bit of explanation. Describe the ingredients, and most Arby’s locations will accommodate your request.
- What It’s Made Of: turkey, brisket, melted cheddar, pepper bacon, red onions, Parmesan, peppercorn ranch dressing, and three mozzarella sticks, all inside an onion roll.
- Cost: Around $7.99, as it’s a substantial sandwich.
- Taste: A meat lover’s dream with a blend of textures and flavors that’s truly unique.
The Junior Deluxe is a lighter choice that doesn’t skimp on flavor. With oven-roasted roast beef, sliced tomato, lettuce, mayo, and a sesame seed bun, this sandwich offers a fresh and flavorful option that’s perfect for those looking for something a little less indulgent.
- How to Order: Ask for the Jr. Deluxe, a known item among Arby’s insiders.
- What It’s Made Of: Oven-roasted roast beef, sliced tomato, lettuce, mayo, and a sesame seed bun.
- Cost: Approximately $2.49, a budget-friendly option.
- Taste: Light, fresh, and flavorful. A great option if you’re not too hungry.
The Rachel is a twist on a classic Reuben that made with roasted turkey and coleslaw instead of sauerkraut. Although Arby’s no longer offers the Rachel with coleslaw, you can create their own version by ordering a Reuben with oven-roasted turkey and BBQ sauce instead of Thousand Island dressing
- How to Order: Order the Reuben but ask for turkey instead of corned beef, and add smokehouse brisket BBQ sauce.
- What It’s Made Of: Turkey, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and BBQ sauce on rye bread.
- Cost: Approximately $5.99, depending on customization.
- Taste: A smoky, tangy delight with a unique twist on a classic.
Bonus: Ask to switch the bread.
This one’s more of a hack than a secret menu item, but if you find a sandwich that you want to try and think it would taste better with a different bread or bun, just ask when you order it. They typically honor your request.
What is Arby’s Secret Menu?
Arby’s Secret Menu is a collection of off-menu items.
How can I order from Arby’s Secret Menu?
Simply ask for the specific item or describe the ingredients to the staff. Most Arby’s locations are familiar with these secret menu items and should be able to prepare them for you.
Is the Meat Mountain Sandwich really made of all the meats?
Yes, the Meat Mountain Sandwich is a colossal combination of almost every meat available at Arby’s. It a true feast for meat lovers.
Can I customize my sandwich with different bread?
Yes, you can ask to switch the bread on any sandwich. This is known as “The Bread Switch”.
Are the prices for secret menu items fixed?
Prices may vary by location and customization, so it’s best to check with the specific Arby’s branch.
Is the secret menu available at all Arby’s locations?
While most locations are familiar with the secret menu, availability may vary. It’s best to ask or describe what you want.