Getting tired of the same old pizza takeout? Skip the tomato sauce and mozzarella – this Taco-Bell-inspired Mexican Pizza Recipe is the perfect way to change up your dinner routine. Made with stacked fried tortillas and stuffed with ground beef, refried beans, shredded cheese, and tomatoes, it’s the ultimate fast food recipe and only takes 20 minutes to whip up for the whole family.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 12 Corn tortillas
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 6 tbsp La Victoria Red Taco Sauce
- 14 oz Refried beans
- 12 oz Shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Green onion tops only chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Pour a third-cup of vegetable oil onto a skillet.
- Heat pan on high.
- Place the first tortilla in hot oil, and flip over after 30 seconds. Let sit on a plate covered with paper towels to drain excess oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cook and season ground beef with taco sauce in a skillet.
- Take half of the tortilla shells and spread a thin layer of refried beans on them.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground beef to layer of refried beans.
- Then, add a layer of cheese (about a tablespoon).
- Top the layers with another tortilla shell.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the shells and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Finish by topping the tortillas off with chopped green onions and tomatoes.
- To make the vegetarian version of this dish, simply omit the ground beef.
- You can swap the taco sauce with Taco Bell dry seasoning if you prefer.
- Pair with your favorite salsa or sour cream!