Taco Bell is an American fast food restaurant that serves a variety of Tex-Mex foods such as tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and nachos. Taco Bell was founded by Glen Bell in Downey, California on March 21, 1962. It opened its doors to franchising in 1964. A former Los Angeles police officer named Kermit Becky became the very first franchisee of Taco Bell. Bell’s taco fast food chains franchising idea became a hit, and by 1967, the 100th restaurant opened at 400 South Brookhurst in Anaheim. By 1970 Taco Bell would have 325 fast food chains. Glen Bell turned over the reins of his fast food chains to PepsiCo, who purchased his chain of successful taco restaurants in 1978. Today, Bell serves their delicious Tex-Mex menu to two billion customers in over five thousand eight hundred fast food chains in the United States. Beyond the US shores, Taco Bell operates in more than thirty countries around the globe, bringing the Taco Bell goodness to Asia and Europe.
Taco Bell’s Food Secrets
Every organization has its own tricks of the trade that make them unique and enticing to their loyal customers as well as for potential customers. Bell has its own set of tricks up its sleeve-a secret menu. This secret menu is backed by Taco Bell’s policy that allows them to create items not found on their regular menu board just as long as the ingredients are available. The prices of these items, however, depend on the Taco Bell location that you choose. A few extra cents may be added to these custom made meals, but is nonetheless a small price to pay for a delectable meal. So, what’s on Taco Bell’s secret menu? Well look no further because here their fast food chains’ crème de la crème:
- The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is a taco shell filled with ground beef wrapped inside a gordita, filled with a layer of melted cheese, topped with cheese sauce, lettuce, and more cheese.
- The Chili Cheese Burrito is a mess to eat, but it is a guaranteed treat to your palette. This ridiculously delicious treat is simple and easy to make with just chili, cheese and burritos as ingredients. When ordering this yummy treat, make sure to ask for additional napkins. You don’t want that chili dripping all over you!
- Enchirito looks just like a dressed up enchilada. But, what makes the Enchirito a special secret treat is its juicy beef, delicious beans, mouthwatering cheese, diced onions, and the yummy red sauce.
- The Superman. Say this order out loud in any of their fast food chains, and the people lining up after you will probably be giving you noticeable stares. But fear not, the Superman is a Taco Bell food item that only the privileged few know about. The Superman is the giant of Taco Bell burritos. It is a cheesy double beef burrito that is stuffed with potatoes, sour cream, guacamole, and crispy tortilla strips. The Superman is one secret menu where you can never go wrong.
- Cheesaritos have been absent for some time now from the Taco Bell regular menu. Worry not Cheesarito addicts, for this Taco Bell hit can still be prepared for you if you ask nicely. Taco Bell goes crazy with the cheese in Cheesarito by combining a generous portion of it to taco sauce and scallions wrapped up in a soft tortilla shell. For veggie lovers, this is a good treat too. How do you order the Cheesarito? Simply say “I’d like to have one Cheesarito, please!”
- Waffle Taco is a secret breakfast treat which can be ordered in Taco Bell fast food chains in Southern California. This little breakfast concoction is complete with eggs and sausages, wrapped in a waffle and topped with syrup of your choice.
- The Green Sauce was a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It was taken off the regular menu, but can still be ordered in selected locations.
- The Hulk. Order the Hulk and you are going to see eyes roll. People will start to wonder if you know what you are talking about. But do not fret, for this incredible meal, which is made of guacamole, beans, and cheese burrito is secretly available. The Hulk has to versions, the simple and the fancy one, so make sure you specify this to the cashier to get the correct incredible Hulk that you want.
- Lava Anything is Taco Bell’s answer to all the spice lovers out there. Just order anything on the menu and say the magic word, lava, and we guarantee you will have a heck of a spicy time!
- Spicy Green Anything is Taco Bell’s password to any meal that a customer would like to be served with their signature spicy green sauce. Saying spicy green anything skips the hassle of opening those green sauce packets yourself.
- Double Grilled Quesadilla is Taco Bell’s guilty pleasure. It is a quesadilla grilled twice on a skillet. It is much crispy than a regular quesadilla.
Bet You Didn’t Know These!
Taco Bell not only has food secrets. Like we said, they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. Check out these trade secrets:
- Glen Bell, founder of Taco Bell, invented their famous preformed tacos back in 1951.
- Mountain Dew exclusively made the Baja Blast to compliment the Tex-Mex menus of Taco Bell.
- You can get free Taco Bell for life, if you are in one of their commercials and asked them very nicely. It’s a pretty please with cherry on top kind of deal!
Now that you know Taco Bell’s little secrets, we suggest you take on this adventure now and be part of Taco Bell’s keepers of the secret. Line up and order their secret meals to experience that kick of exclusivity afforded to the privilege few. As the Live Mas campaign promotes “Be the first one to head out and the last one to turn in. Try what you have never tried before…because if you never do, you’ll never know.”