Going to Starbucks for your favorite frap or mocha is a fun treat, but it could turn into an expensive habit. What if you could create the same drink from home and enjoy this little luxury with just a few ingredients and seven minutes of time? Plus, it’s more convenient, and once you know how to make it, you can drink it any time. You can, and today, we’re sharing our version of the hot Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha recipe.
The White Chocolate Mocha was one of Starbucks’ first specialty drinks when they began exploring more exciting coffee combinations, and it’s been a popular menu item ever since. Creamy, sweet chocolate, and frothy milk balance the bitterness in the espresso, and the sweet whipped cream on top gives it the indulgent sweetness we all love.
You can find Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha flavored syrup or any other brand of flavor syrup at many grocery stores, specialty stores like World Market, or online. If you can’t find flavoring, simply use white chocolate bars or chocolate chips. Besides that, all you need is espresso, milk, and whipped cream.
You can also create an iced version by using the flavored syrup, milk, coffee, and ice and giving it a good mix.
Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp white chocolate flavoring syrup or white chocolate (chips or chopped candy bar)
- 1 tbsp instant espresso
- 3 tbsp hot water to dissolve
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- First, heat the milk. If you’re using the microwave, heat at 20-30 second intervals, then stir and test. If you're heating on the stove, be sure to not let the milk overheat or boil. Whip the milk using a whisk, a frother, or a hand mixer until the surface is nice and foamy.
- Add your flavoring syrup to your cup. If you're using hard chocolate, heat the chocolate together with the milk in a double boiler over medium-low heat, stirring until combined. Then pour it into the cup.
- Pour in the espresso and milk, and whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Top your mocha with whipped cream.
- For this recipe, we used 2% milk. You can use any milk you choose, including almond, coconut, or soy.
- When whisking the milk, make sure to whisk quickly and constantly because you want to create foam and froth.
While the White Chocolate Mocha may be one of the most popular drinks at Starbucks, have you checked out some of the lesser-known drinks on their secret menu?