One of my favorite drinks from Starbucks is the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Made with espresso, milk, and sweet cinnamon syrup, this is a comforting hot beverage I can drink any time of the day – especially during Starbucks’ Happy Hour.
But if I’m running short on time, I’ve learned how to make my own version of the Cinnamon Dolce Latte from home for a fraction of the cost. The syrup has to be made from scratch, but the ingredient list is pretty simple, and it only takes about five minutes to whip it up. I like to make a double batch and store it in the fridge for lattes over a few days.
The drink itself is prepared in one saucepan while the syrup is prepared in another. One thing to keep in mind when preparing this recipe is that you don’t want the sweet ingredients or the milk to burn at the bottom of the saucepan. So be sure to stir it lightly every minute or so. After about 10 minutes, you’ll be able to pour two glasses of deliciously sweet Cinnamon Dolce Latte. You can top them with whipped cream and cinnamon, or skip the whipped cream for a low-calorie drink.
Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
For the Latte
- 1/2 cup espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon dolce syrup (see below)
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Cinnamon for topping
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- First, stir the espresso powder into the hot water and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients for cinnamon dolce syrup over medium heat. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved, and be sure to stir every minute or so. Continue cooking until the syrup is almost boiling and the texture is syrupy, and then remove from the heat.
- In a different small saucepan, combine the milk, espresso, and cinnamon dolce syrup. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until the syrup has fully combined with the milk.
- Divide between two cups and top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon. Serve hot and enjoy.
- If you have any leftover syrup (or you make double the amount called for) you can store it in the refrigerator to use in lattes for a couple of days.