KFC is to holiday buckets as Starbucks is to holiday cups, and it’s a grand tradition dating back to the 1960s. Each year, the fried chicken chain releases a specialty bucket, featuring festive colors and designs from Colonel Sanders in a Santa hat to fireplaces to holiday ornaments. This year, KFC is debuting not one, but three holiday buckets – two of which are replicas of the buckets released in 1966 and 1971. The third is a new design that takes elements of past designs.
Andrea Zahumensky, KFC U.S. CMO stated, “KFC bucket meals have been bringing people together around the dinner table for more than 60 years.” She continued, “Even though the holidays may look a little different this year, we hope our holiday buckets help everyone hark back to a simpler time and bring some comfort and joy to your homes and your families throughout the season.”
The holiday buckets will officially roll out next week on Tuesday, November 24. There are various bucket meals on the menu this holiday season, including:
- Original Recipe (8, 12, or 16-piece)
- Extra Crispy (8, 12, or 16-piece)
- Kentucky Grilled Chicken (8, 12, or 16-piece)
- $30 Fill Up (8 pieces of chicken or 12 tenders, large cole slaw, 4 biscuits, and 2 large mashed potatoes and gravy)
- $20 Fill Up (8-piece Original Recipe® Chicken, 8-piece Extra Crispy™ Chicken, or 12-piece Chicken Extra Crispy™ Tenders, large cole slaw, 4 biscuits, and 2 large mashed potatoes and gravy)