El Pollo Loco is gearing up for the festive season with the release of their holiday menu – and yes, it’s all about the tamales again this year. The holiday menu features red chile tamales, which you can order on their own or as a part of a special Holiday tamale bowl (there are three!), as well as a couple of other traditional Mexican dishes.
Here’s a look at the returning favorites that you can order for a limited time:
- Double Tamale Bowl – Chicken tamales, enchilada sauce, queso fresco, cilantro, avocado slices, rice, and pinto beans
- Crispy Tamale and Tinga Bowl – Chicken tamale and chicken tinga with sour cream, avocado, rice, and pinto beans
- Double Loaded Queso Tamale Bowl – A chicken tamale with grilled chicken breast, guacamole, rice, pinto beans, pico de gallo, and queso blanco
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – Abuelita chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar on top
- Chicken Pozole Verde – Chicken, hominy, tomatillo broth, garlic, onion, and chile
In addition to those classic dishes, El Pollo Loco is also serving up family dinners that you can order for carryout. The Holiday Family Dinner comes in either a 10-piece or 14-piece and features 10 or 14 pieces of fire-grilled chicken, two large sides, flour/corn tortillas or chips, and salsa. The 10-piece meal feeds 4-5 people, and the 14-piece meal feeds 6-7 people. For more restaurants serving family meals this holiday season, check out the best fast food family meals.