Starbucks offers 14 warm breakfast options, and one of the tastier items is their Egg Bites. If you’re heading out to your local Starbucks for your morning coffee, the Egg Bites are a yummy option and easy to eat on the go. But I find myself making more of my favorite dishes from home these days, so a Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites recipe is just the thing I needed to add to my recipe box. Starbucks’ version is made in a sous vide cooker, and while most of us don’t have easy access to one of those fancy cookers, we do have cupcake pans, which is the next best thing. The texture may be a bit different, but this way, you have more control over the ingredients you include, and you know they’re made fresh.
This Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites recipe is also a simple, quick recipe that can be prepared in just over a half-hour. You’ll want to cook the bacon first while you mix the eggs, and once all the ingredients are combined, you’ll simply pour them into a cupcake tin and bake for about 30 minutes. You can eat them right away or double the recipe and save some for later.
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- non-stick oil spray
- First, preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray 6 cups in a muffin tin generously with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, followed by cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour six equal amounts of the mixture into the muffin tins. Top with bacon bits.
- Bake doe 30 minutes, or until the eggs are completely cooked. Remove from the oven, take out of the tin, and serve the egg bites warm.
- Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites are a delicious breakfast to make ahead. Double the recipe, and freeze individual portions in zip baggies. Simply take out and heat in the microwave for a quick breakfast.
Since your oven will be fired up anyway, how about trying out this Starbucks Banana Bread recipe?