If you’ve ever seen a copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe without poblano pepper, move on. It’s the holy grail when it comes to preparing a perfectly authentic corn salsa, among other important ingredients like jalapeños, red onion, lemon and lime juice, and cilantro. Oh, and of course the corn. This recipe is super easy to make and pairs well with our copycat Chipotle steak or chicken, as well as cilantro lime rice.
Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10||10 min.||10 min.||20 min.|
- 24 ounces frozen corn
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 Roasted Poblano pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For poblano pepper:
Grill pepper over the flame of a gas stove or on a gas grill for 3-5 minutes until pepper’s skin turns black and charred. Once charred, scrape off the black outer layer and set on a plate to cool.
- Prepare corn and let cool.
- Chop up onions, jalapeño peppers, poblano pepper, and cilantro.
- Prepare lemon and lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1/2 cup|
|Amount per serving||1/2 Cup|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.3g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 2.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- Roasted poblano peppers are also used in Chipotle’s original corn salsa, which is what gives it such a distinct flavor. It is an extra step to prepare the pepper, but it’s worth the effort!
- You can use fresh corn instead of frozen (Chipotle uses frozen). If you choose to, steam or grill the corn first, take it off the cob, and app it to the mix of ingredients.